• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

PAU 30% Sukhoi SU-26 ARF 50-60cc

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Nice looking plane!! Not sure I'd be real happy with that 2 piece landing gear tho....brings back nightmares from the old BME Yak 54 I had. Always breaking the gear plate!!!

Tseres

150cc
I'm not worried about the gear block breaking. Have a guy here in Indiana beating one up pretty hard and his is still intact.

kork

70cc twin V2
Guys, I am looking to add a pipe or can but curious where you guys installed the gear for balance?

Tseres

150cc
This is from the manual On the PAU Web site: http://flypau.com/html/sukhoi/PAU30Sukhoi.pdf

For contest flying such as IMAC, the CG at 6-1/2” or the center of the wing tube offers great precision and our airframe is a great choice.

You will have to move your equipment the best you can to come up with the center of the tube. I still have not balanced mine. Waiting on the gas tank but got an email saying it's on the way so it won't be long. Once I do I'll put some pictures of the installation in here.

Islandflyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Nice looking plane!! Not sure I'd be real happy with that 2 piece landing gear tho....brings back nightmares from the old BME Yak 54 I had. Always breaking the gear plate!!!
Really? We have not hat this issue on the Sukhoi.
On this type of plane, there cannot be a one piece landing AND a canister tunel. It is one or the other...
I flew mine for a couple of years, and never bent the gear or had ant gear plate issue.
Of course, if landing are often hard, something will give: the lading gear or the plate....on any plane.
The BME Yak was designed more than 8 years ago...things have evolved a bit since...

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Yeah...I know the BME is an old design, seeing the 2 piece gear triggered that bad memory.
I'm sure the newer designs are much better:)

Tseres

150cc
OK. Sukhoi Fans. It looks like the final pieces have arrived from Redwing RC... The fortitude tank I use in most of my planes and I also decided to try a Quick Release bolt setup. Most everyone knows that I'm friends with Herve at PAU but what you don't know is that I'm also friends with Tim at Redwing. I try to support both companies as much as I can. You get great service from both.

I have my Camel lower wing pined to the building board right now. As soon as I get the wing finished I'm going to finish the Sukhoi. keep looking in.

DSC_0031.JPGDSC_0032.JPG