• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

SnowDog

hogw1ld, welcome to the forum! I've had some interesting experiences with my Bigfoot, you can see my build/fly/crash thread, with video! hope you continue to have a blast and enjoy your time with us!

vtwinman

New to GSN!
This is the first time i think I have ever received a welcome!!!! Thanks very much... I reside in Marion, Ar which is 8 miles north west of the city of Memphis,Tn..I fly locally and an old ag strip with a few fellow new and older friends, typical weekend brings out 4 to 5 guys and growing. I am just starting my 3rd year in the hobby.. This is something I have always wanted to do so I decided at 43 /45 now sounded like the thing to do... My daughter swears up and down that now I'm addicted... At last count she says I have 16planes(she don't know about the ones in the Attic still in the boxes) These include couple of Mojo's one unfinished, 27% Nitro Planes Ultimate, 25% Older Aeroworks Ultimate 10-300, 3dhs Bigfoot with VVRC40cc twin and 7954s, 3dhs 72" Extra 330 and a bunch of smaller stuff, Revolver, 120size Gee Bee, P47 and blah blah blah,,, Needless to say my daughter may be right... I"m learning how to 3d now,,, or trying, the rolling harriers are a murf!!!! Thx to Blake Brown I almost got the pop top right... Anyways can't wait to get out and fly this weekend and thanks very much for the great welcome!!

cgauntley

New to GSN!
thanks Guys ... i am new to 3d but have many years behind me flying scale birds.
i live in Ontario, Canada so as you can imagine there is an extended building season here !
currently building an edge. no ski's !
look forward to reading more at 3drcforums.

Buick Mackane

70cc twin V2
Welcome to all of the new members. I haven't been a member that long, but I've learned a lot already. This is a great forum with many awesome pilots.
Best wishes for 2014.

Hogw1ld

New to GSN!
hogw1ld, welcome to the forum! I've had some interesting experiences with my Bigfoot, you can see my build/fly/crash thread, with video! hope you continue to have a blast and enjoy your time with us!

Thanks SnowDog, your build thread is what got me to this forum off google. Great thread by the way.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Well, it's real hard to stay ahead of Mike but I went back two days and found [MENTION=2750]gnirwin[/MENTION], [MENTION=2749]coleman773[/MENTION] [MENTION=2753]cgauntley[/MENTION] [MENTION=2754]vtwinman[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2736]Hogw1ld[/MENTION]
WELCOME

That's a big welcome!;)

I've been rebuilding my club website and moving my "get the members logged in and add the site to their favorites list" crusade along. Shooting for a turn around from 10% participation to 60% by summer. I filled the links with all sorts of good stuff, of course including 3DRCForums.com So hopefully we'll have some more Northeast welcomes. People don't know the abundance of knowledge and willingness to help they are missing here. I always tell people that a question is normally answered or you are directed to a source within minutes. And there's often a follow up by the person who helped you. Pay it forward and pass it on!:clap:

Last edited by a moderator:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
This is the first time i think I have ever received a welcome!!!! Thanks very much... I reside in Marion, Ar which is 8 miles north west of the city of Memphis,Tn..I fly locally and an old ag strip with a few fellow new and older friends, typical weekend brings out 4 to 5 guys and growing. I am just starting my 3rd year in the hobby.. This is something I have always wanted to do so I decided at 43 /45 now sounded like the thing to do... My daughter swears up and down that now I'm addicted... At last count she says I have 16planes(she don't know about the ones in the Attic still in the boxes) These include couple of Mojo's one unfinished, 27% Nitro Planes Ultimate, 25% Older Aeroworks Ultimate 10-300, 3dhs Bigfoot with VVRC40cc twin and 7954s, 3dhs 72" Extra 330 and a bunch of smaller stuff, Revolver, 120size Gee Bee, P47 and blah blah blah,,, Needless to say my daughter may be right... I"m learning how to 3d now,,, or trying, the rolling harriers are a murf!!!! Thx to Blake Brown I almost got the pop top right... Anyways can't wait to get out and fly this weekend and thanks very much for the great welcome!!

Super glad to have ya! And with that addiction you've come to the right place!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
thanks Guys ... i am new to 3d but have many years behind me flying scale birds.
i live in Ontario, Canada so as you can imagine there is an extended building season here !
currently building an edge. no ski's !
look forward to reading more at 3drcforums.

I'm in Oregon and have the same extended building season! Once it goes cold my hands just don't work! I'm about to welcome one of your fellow Canadians to the forum. See my next post!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Woo Hoo I get to make a few more welcomes! Welcome [MENTION=2756]rcfan[/MENTION]! Super glad to have you here on the forums! Introduce yourself when you get a chance!

This next person needs no introduction (at least here in the Pacific Northwest) [MENTION=2759]harv[/MENTION]! Harv Dhiman is one of the best Pro Pilots I've seen, and he's a blast to hang with! He has been flying for Azhar at Aztech Aeromodels for quite awhile now and is the only person I know that can drag a wingtip 500 feet down a runway while in a knife edge! Welcome Harv!!!!

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Woo Hoo I get to make a few more welcomes! Welcome [MENTION=2756]rcfan[/MENTION]! Super glad to have you here on the forums! Introduce yourself when you get a chance!

This next person needs no introduction (at least here in the Pacific Northwest) [MENTION=2759]harv[/MENTION]! Harv Dhiman is one of the best Pro Pilots I've seen, and he's a blast to hang with! He has been flying for Azhar at Aztech Aeromodels for quite awhile now and is the only person I know that can drag a wingtip 500 feet down a runway while in a knife edge! Welcome Harv!!!!

Vid! Please.