• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

New Here? Introduce yourself!

3DMad5

50cc
I just realised I never posted here when I was actually new. I've been flying RC for almost three years, pretty much solely aerobatic/3D planes. I'm making progress, but I still have loads to learn. This forum has been such a boost to my learning curve, especially the 3DPedia because I can find out how to do all those cool moves like the pros!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I just realised I never posted here when I was actually new. I've been flying RC for almost three years, pretty much solely aerobatic/3D planes. I'm making progress, but I still have loads to learn. This forum has been such a boost to my learning curve, especially the 3DPedia because I can find out how to do all those cool moves like the pros!

Awesome! I'm glad you like the 3dPedia. We love it too! Matter of fact we are working on it and adding more information as we speak...

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I get to welcome another new member today! Welcome [MENTION=2750]gnirwin[/MENTION] ! We are happy to have you on the boards. When you get a second tell us what and where you fly! Need anything let us know.

gnirwin

New to GSN!
Thanks for the kind welcome. I am 59 years young, married and have three grown children who have blessed me with four wonderful grand kids. I am a graphic designer and live in northeast Ohio. I fly both helis (novice) and planes(experienced). I have had a life long love affair with aircraft of every kind. Some of my current planes are a Carden 30% Cap, Great Planes 25% ultimate, a G.P. 25% Pitts M12, a few .60 size warbirds and several future flyers still in boxes. My Recent interest in helicopters has led me to own a 500 size flybarless Trex and a Blade 500x as well as a smaller Blade 130x. My current project is a complete rebuild/ recover of an older Carden 35% Extra.

SnowDog

awesome gnirwin and welcome! sounds like some great projects you've got going on! Love to see some pics of that rebuild along the way if you are so inclined!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks for the kind welcome. I am 59 years young, married and have three grown children who have blessed me with four wonderful grand kids. I am a graphic designer and live in northeast Ohio. I fly both helis (novice) and planes(experienced). I have had a life long love affair with aircraft of every kind. Some of my current planes are a Carden 30% Cap, Great Planes 25% ultimate, a G.P. 25% Pitts M12, a few .60 size warbirds and several future flyers still in boxes. My Recent interest in helicopters has led me to own a 500 size flybarless Trex and a Blade 500x as well as a smaller Blade 130x. My current project is a complete rebuild/ recover of an older Carden 35% Extra.

Wow you've got yourself some nice planes! I have 2 grown children and my second grandchild on the way. I will be seeing that cutie arrive in just a matter of a couple weeks. Again, welcome and it's great to meet you. You will find lots of great members here willing to help however they can so, if you need anything let us know. I also would love to see some pics!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Welcome [MENTION=2749]coleman773[/MENTION]!!! Glad to have you here on the forum. Let us know what and where you fly when you get a chance!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Welcoming two new members!!! Everyone join me in welcoming [MENTION=2753]cgauntley[/MENTION] and [MENTION=2754]vtwinman[/MENTION]! Let us know what you guys fly and where!

Hogw1ld

New to GSN!
Hi everyone,

Sorry for the late introduction on my part it's bee crazy busy at work so i've only been trolling the forums so far.

I am currently living in northwest Montana and I've been flying since January 2013 thanks to the help from our local hobby shop (Scheer Bros Hobbies) and a great little flying club called the Kootenai rc flyers. Since I. joined the club I quickly learened everything that goes up WILL come down. :) and I have become rather involved in club affairs. I take many pictures of happenings at the field, helped organize the first fly in, co host a club facebook page and I am in the running for a club seat. Through my progression of learning to fly I've quickly learned nascar laps is not for me! So I've begun doing basic manuvers rolls, hovers, knife edges, inverted with my planes and really enjoyed myself. Most of my hangar consists of smaller planes funcub, tango 40, carbon z, etc, but my newest venture is building a 3dhs Bigfoot sporting the VVRC 40cc twin. So far it's been a blast and that is how I ended up here searching for bigfoot info. I look forward to meeting many new pilots here and on the field and learn more about this great hobby.