• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Need some help

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Thats the biella variable pitch prop? More for 3d I believe, ran one on my comp arf and hated it. Loud loud loud, sonic above half throttle.get your hands on a mezjlic 30x13 Evo L if you can. Seems to be the prop of choice for the majority of the IMAC birds around here, ( california, arizona etc.) myself a 32x10 mejzlic on a DA 150 is perfect.But hey, if that one works for you.. all the better.

I keep a notebook of things I need to work on and what is improving, helps my scattered mind. And usually only do the first three maneuvers over and over till they're solid and straight. Then the next three,then the last four,easier to manage, remember and less frustration, I vet alot more out of a practice session this way than to force myself through the whole routine. Hope this helps.. keep at it !

Robotech

70cc twin V2
thurmma;8578 wrote: Rogers. The nw corner of the state. Walmart hq.
Well dang. I'm in the South East. If you're ever around Little Rock I'm a member of a club there with several great IMAC pilots (me not included).

thurmma

150cc
Robotech;8984 wrote: Well dang. I'm in the South East. If you're ever around Little Rock I'm a member of a club there with several great IMAC pilots (me not included).

I will bet you fly from the Farm Club field I believe it is called. Just south of Little Rock, correct? I was going to get down to the last IMAC contest there, but had to shoot a wedding that weekend.

thurmma

150cc
IMAC FANATIC;8622 wrote: Thats the biella variable pitch prop? More for 3d I believe, ran one on my comp arf and hated it. Loud loud loud, sonic above half throttle.get your hands on a mezjlic 30x13 Evo L if you can. Seems to be the prop of choice for the majority of the IMAC birds around here, ( california, arizona etc.) myself a 32x10 mejzlic on a DA 150 is perfect.But hey, if that one works for you.. all the better.

I keep a notebook of things I need to work on and what is improving, helps my scattered mind. And usually only do the first three maneuvers over and over till they're solid and straight. Then the next three,then the last four,easier to manage, remember and less frustration, I vet alot more out of a practice session this way than to force myself through the whole routine. Hope this helps.. keep at it !

I have a Mej 32x10 on the plane now and it works very well, quiet also. I have tried a 30x12 and it does spool up nicely, but doesn't seem to have the pull that the 32x10 does. It also doesn't provide the breaking that the 32x10 does, at least for me :)

Tseres

150cc
Jerry Hailey;8031 wrote: Wings level, wings level, and wings level

Here is a tip for IMAC flying- Set up your stick tension to very tight on ailerons and less tight for elevator. This will help you pull without rolling the airplane.

Ahhaaa. I'll try that. I tightrned up the tension on both. Will have to reduce the elevator side. Thanks.:encouragement:

Robotech

70cc twin V2
The Sherman contest is always a great time. Doug Pilcher and crew put on a great contest and the Saturday brisket is superb.

There is also a contest next weekend at Clover Creek in Toone, Tn. which would be a short drive. You will be overwhelmed with the friendly, helpful attitudes and the great sportsmanship of the IMAC contestants at your first contest. Your brain will swell from all the information you will acquire.

thurmma

150cc
If I can talk the wife into visiting her friends in Dallas, the Sherman contest is doable for me :) If she don't want to go, I may just get up early and drive down for the day. It is 290 miles, which for me is a walk in the park.

Thank you for attaching the files. I had found them, but appreciate the time you took to find and post them.

thurmma

150cc
Went out for a bit last night and it was much more productive. Thank you [MENTION=580]IMAC FANATIC[/MENTION] for the tip on working on just a few maneuvers at a time :) It was a bit windy so doing the upline testing wasn't real productive for the trim settings, will try that again when the wind isn't blowing so hard so I can get more consistent results.

I do have one question. When you are competing, do you perform the routine just once or do you have to run it twice each time you fly? If it is twice, I need a bigger fuel tank, 32oz won't cut it.