• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Need some help

Jlc

70cc twin V2
I have to work all the time to keep my plane from getting further away from me also. It is getting better with practice and help from experts. Imac flying is a blast and I'm hooked.

Wings level, wings level, and wings level

Here is a tip for IMAC flying- Set up your stick tension to very tight on ailerons and less tight for elevator. This will help you pull without rolling the airplane.

next tip- fly your straight line and pull vertical. providing that your plane is set up correctly (especially elevator half's) observe the up line. if the plane is flying off line to the outside, then your outside wing was low, to the inside, then your inside wing was low.

Fishhook2670

70cc twin V2
I have a 157 3w comp running a 31.5 14x8 carbon by AI made huge difference on my stall and landing speed plus pulls out much better what AI recommended to me at Joe Nall

IMAC FANATIC;7885 wrote: Get the IMAC trim app. For your phone or ipad, and do the whole thing start to finish, much like the goldberg chart but more tech savy. Rudder rudder rudder is the other answer, rudder everywhere, it.. the plane should almost look like its nosing towards you to keep it on that line. And its the hardest thing to do .. straight and level flight. Stay with it, very satisfying when you get a solid routine in.

I hear you on the " bump" but a learned judge will nail you on it and zero you. Better to make it as pretty as you can instead of faking it . And force yourself to hammer towards you if your having trouble keeping it on track.
This is VERY TRUE. Just this last weekend, we observed an Unlimited pilot "simulating" a stall in competition by pushing down elevator. BOTH judges did not zero the maneuver but I was watching and asked the pilot afterward if that was what he did. He confirmed that he was spinning down-wind and wanted to show the judges a stall so he pushed down.

Judges need to be aware of what to look for: a true stall will pivot on the CG.... a push will not.

Wayne

thurmma

150cc
Thank you all for the help! I have downloaded the app on my phone and tablet and a lot of homework before the next trip to the field :) I already know of a couple issues that I need to correct just based on a quick look at the trim app :) Next trip probably won't be until the weekend. I will try to get back and post some results of testing and trimming the plane after the weekend.

Thanks again for the help and advice. Now to find a competition within driving distance :)

thurmma

150cc
Fishhook2670;8107 wrote: I have a 157 3w comp running a 31.5 14x8 carbon by AI made huge difference on my stall and landing speed plus pulls out much better what AI recommended to me at Joe Nall

You are using the 2 blade, correct?