• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Need some help

thurmma

150cc
It has been a rough 3 weeks here. Daughter got t-boned by an suv that ran a red light. She is finally back to work and feeling more normal every day.

I have acquired a 103" 3dhs Extra 330SC that I will be setting up for the IMAC flying. Two reasons, the 3W-106 sips gas
icon_smile.gif
I have it in a 105" old Edge that is heavy and have flown for 20 minutes on a 32oz tank and still have 1/2 a tank left! The second reason is the Extra should provide me with cleaner stalls. I am having one heck of a time getting the 42% Edge to do something other then mush over the prop. I increased the elevator throw, but it just starts to fall from the sky wings level when I give it more elevator to try to stall it. I will also be able to transport the 103 in the back of my truck instead of dragging the trailer if I wanted to go to a contest further away. At 11 mpg with the trailer, traveling gets spendy, quick
icon_smile.gif

I should have the 103 in the air within a couple weeks. Have to do some repair to the fuse landing gear area and recover the fuse. The wings and elevators are in good shape, so no worries there.

What can you expect for $350
icon_smile.gif

thurmma

150cc
IMAC FANATIC said
Nice choice,  like to see a re build thread on it if your going to. Keep us posted! 
Here is a link to the rebuild thread: http://giantscalenews.com/sp-forum/imac-build-logs/3dhs-103-extra-330sc-re-build-log

It takes me a little longer because I am beyond busy this time of year with umpiring softball, have to fund the hobby some how
icon_smile.gif