• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC/ Radiowave 3.1m competition series

-Rick-

100cc
Thanks. Always found it pays not to be cheap with covering, I like to have a big edge to pull on as well...

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Well, here it is. A full 2 1/2" overlap of monokote ovee Monokote  the length of the plane tapers down to 2" .with zero bubbles or wrinkles. 

Started with 150° iron, calibrated, and made several passes to warm up the piece and glue, then more passes at 200°, then final passat 250° . Last pass was  a quicker final pass. 

Then regular temps to melt the sheet to balsa. On the quarter round and to the belly

Wish I had left the pieces longer now so there would only be one joiiner seam, but I only attempt what I know I can do well instead of doing what others can do easily. next time ill be a lil bolder.
20141021_205747.jpg

20141021_205810.jpg

20141020_213105-1.jpg

20141021_215413.jpg

IMAC FANATIC

Thanks guys, appreciate the compliments alot. Im pretty much home free on the covering, just have the bottom , rudder and stripes left to tackle. 

And thanks Jerry, too bad IMAC doesn't hand out " best of show trophies " LoL.  By the way, nice work with the MX-2 guys !  A first and second at event with same plane.. nice!  I'll say it again, watching your build of the prototype turned me on to JTEC in the first place so when you like my work it's very cool. Here's the plane that started my madness. 
IMG_0543.JPG

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
IMAC-FANATIC said
Thanks guys, appreciate the compliments alot. Im pretty much home free on the covering, just have the bottom , rudder and stripes left to tackle. 

And thanks Jerry, too bad IMAC doesn't hand out " best of show trophies " LoL.  By the way, nice work with the MX-2 guys !  A first and second at event with same plane.. nice!  I'll say it again, watching your build of the prototype turned me on to JTEC in the first place so when you like my work it's very cool. Here's the plane that started my madness. 
IMG_0543.JPG
The funny thing is Jerry, My dad, and I look at that plane and say how ugly it was (not the scheme but the fuse and shape).  That airplane did teach us a lot about the design features we wanted to incorporate into all of the new designs though.  It was a huge leap from the ARF's and a good flying airplane but the true 3.1m kits that you all have is by far a much truer flying plane and certainly better looking.

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
the rudder on the 3.1m is actually the same as it was on the 3.2m black/white/gold one that Jerry had (that is where we first tested it), some guys just do not round the bottom the like full scale version.  On my extra's (both old version and new) I rounded the rudder like the full scale ones.

Here is a picture of my older one, I think this picture really shows how it looked a bit to stretched and how flat the turtledeck was.  This picture is what made me go back and start cleaning up the look of the airplane.  The other thing we found with those ones is even though they were not really any heavier they really sucked up the power and were very marginal on a 150 unlike the 3.1m

extra1.jpg

IMAC FANATIC

I only rounded the last inch or so of my rudder, just to keep it from a tail touch. Not complaining, just grown so used to the lines of the comp arf SX I guess. In case you guys have never seen, heres the new one. Gorgeous. Drool material.enjoy.
Roger1.jpg