• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC/ Radiowave 3.1m competition series

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Whoa, were did my middle post go?   Bizarre.  Either way, im very happy and will be the best flying and looking plane on the field ,  guarnteed. Sorry Dave  LoL. 

IMAC FANATIC

Fuselage done minus stripes and some vinyl touches,  N- numbers and Extra 300 lettering, on to the rudder tomorrow. Ive decided to make the rudder extra difficult on myself and try to match the livery of the plane im using. If it doesn't work out I can always go simple.

This may take awhile 
nightmare.png
20141022_230742.jpg

20141022_230754.jpg

85240297.pBZo21aV.jpg

IMAC FANATIC

Alky6 said
Man, I want to build one of these... Thanks for doing this build thread Brian!

-Paul
Welcome Paul, this is actuay my first giant scaale build. Only a glo trainer and a 4 star 40 prior to this one. If I can do it anyone can. Its a  big commitment ,  but a hugely rewarding experience too.

Give Al a call.. tell em' Brian sent you.  LoL

IMAC-FANATIC said
I only rounded the last inch or so of my rudder, just to keep it from a tail touch. Not complaining, just grown so used to the lines of the comp arf SX I guess. In case you guys have never seen, heres the new one. Gorgeous. Drool material.enjoy.
Roger1.jpg
That Is Roger Crooks Jtec 2.7 kit. I know that plane very well.

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
IMAC-FANATIC said
Thats not your bird Jerry, im confused. Lucky man if you let that ine go. 
Nope, that is Roger Crooks 2.7m Extra 300CS done in pretty much the same scheme as Jerry's but with blue instead of the charcoal which Jerry used.  It does fly really well.  Roger is also building the prototype 2.8m MX2 which hopefully will fly in the next couple of weeks.

Alky6

150cc
@Kevin-Young Not to hijack this thread, but your 2.7m extra comp version would just fit on my build table (I would have difficulty shoe-horning in the 3.1m version not to mention hauling it around). I am drooling and would be a nice project to start (and take my time) after I finish my Mojo65. Nice IMAC machine I would guess? Pros and cons as compared to the 3.1? What power (a DA 120 or 100L) would you recommend and why? Maybe this deserves an offline discussion, but others may be interested as well. Thanks and sorry Brian for the tangent on your build thread.

-Paul