• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC JTEC/ Radiowave 3.1m competition series

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Not at all, go right ahead and discuss , best to just give em your money now, you wont be happy till you do. LoL.  All things JTEC are welcome here, 

Alky6

150cc
IMAC-FANATIC said
Not at all, go right ahead and discuss , best to just give em your money now, you wont be happy till you do. LoL.  All things JTEC are welcome here, 
Thanks. Regarding payment - tempting indeed as I think you are probably correct! I also sent you a PM. Finally figured out how to do it!

-Paul

Kevin-Young

70cc twin V2
Alky6 said
@Kevin-Young Not to hijack this thread, but your 2.7m extra comp version would just fit on my build table (I would have difficulty shoe-horning in the 3.1m version not to mention hauling it around). I am drooling and would be a nice project to start (and take my time) after I finish my Mojo65. Nice IMAC machine I would guess? Pros and cons as compared to the 3.1? What power (a DA 120 or 100L) would you recommend and why? Maybe this deserves an offline discussion, but others may be interested as well. Thanks and sorry Brian for the tangent on your build thread.

-Paul
I am obviously going to be biased but the 2.7m CS version is by far the best precision 35% airplane that I have ever flown.  It is one of those airplanes that flies bigger then it is and is very comfortable to fly.  When I fly the 2.7m I never feel that I am at a disadvantage compared to a 40% airplane.  Our personal 2.7m has a DA-100 (old version) with our canisters and I think it has the right power for the airplane.  The airplane flies extremely well with a 120 as well but it is certainly not needed and I tend to feel most guys fly 35% airplanes with the 120 to fast and need to prop up the engine more.

Alky6

150cc
Thank you Kevin for the response. I like the idea of putting a 100 on it. Who knows, maybe I'll win it here? LOL. Besides, that will save a bit of money not going with the 120. Thank you again and we will be talking in the (hopefully not too distant) future.

-Paul

gregm

IMAC Flyer
I am flying the 2.7 CS with an electric setup equivalent to a 100cc motor and it is very competitive flying IMAC Advanced against larger planes. Very little mixing is required to take out any rudder coupling. I was very weight conscious when I built it because I knew I needed 8 lbs of batteries to fly 2 sequences and am still under 29lbs RTF.  I modified mine with shorter ailerons and have only flown it with minimal surface throws so I can not talk about it's freestyle capabilities.

- Greg

Alky6

150cc
gregm said
I am flying the 2.7 CS with an electric setup equivalent to a 100cc motor and it is very competitive flying IMAC Advanced against larger planes. Very little mixing is required to take out any rudder coupling. I was very weight conscious when I built it because I knew I needed 8 lbs of batteries to fly 2 sequences and am still under 29lbs RTF.  I modified mine with shorter ailerons and have only flown it with minimal surface throws so I can not talk about it's freestyle capabilities.

- Greg
Greg - thanks for the additional feedback. This venture would be for precision. My freestyle capabilities are pretty non-existent. I do like to try on smaller airframes, but it is usually pretty ugly...

With the shorter ailerons, did you only use one servo per wing? Again, thank you!

-Paul

gregm

IMAC Flyer
I used only 1 Futaba BLS177SV per aileron which is about 500 in-oz. Others are using the same setup on their 40% Extras, so it is plenty for this size plane. My full setup was posted here.

http://giantscalenews.com/sp-forum/2014-imac-world-championship-coverage/electric-competes-and-finishes-2nd-advanced#p15611

IMAC FANATIC

Alright,  besides moving from Lodi to Lockeford this weekend I got a little accomplished this weekend also,  sadly ill admit most of my house is still in boxes, but hey the tv is up and the bed is made,  what more do I need ? ! 

The flag came out alright, better than I thought I could do actually,
20141024_212734.jpg

20141026_190719.jpg

20141026_194627.jpg

20141026_190814.jpg

and the stripes are drying in windex for tomorrow.  

IMAC FANATIC

This is the reason for the flag.looking back I could have made the stripes just a little thicker. 

And Yeah, thats Daves super sick Carden Pro in the foreground. 
85240297.pBZo21aV-1.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
IMAC-FANATIC said
Alright,  besides moving from Lodi to Lockeford this weekend I got a little accomplished this weekend also,  sadly ill admit most of my house is still in boxes, but hey the tv is up and the bed is made,  what more do I need ? ! 
The way I see it? You got your tube, you got your mattress, you got your planes. LIFE IS GOOD....