• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC learning and support using flight videos

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Thanks for filling in any blanks Rick. Would love to hear any of your comments and tips for the group. What do you fly IAC? I taught in Mudry Cap 10s a long time ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

That's what this thread is all about, right? :D

I sat down with Scott Stoop's book for an hour or so last night. Boy he sure goes into a lot of detail on some of the stuff. I have a LOT to learn about precision flight!

dth7

That's what this thread is all about, right? :D

I sat down with Scott Stoop's book for an hour or so last night. Boy he sure goes into a lot of detail on some of the stuff. I have a LOT to learn about precision flight!

Lines, radii, rates, oh my. Wind correction, full stalls, snap rolls... Lots to know for sure. Do you have access to any judging seminars? Check the iMac site or get in touch with your regional iMac reps. If you can get to one all that stuff comes together. Attending an event also helps.

dth7

so i want to start some imac stuff where do i start

Just read this thread so far and go ton the links- iMac website, iMac pro app, Brian "yak dudes" tutorial, my vid, they will all give you some different insights to IMAC. Good luck and ask questions. I'm recruiting more Experienced IMAC pilots to the forum. Bill James, creator of IMAC pro app will be on board soon (awaiting approval).

Thanks for filling in any blanks Rick. Would love to hear any of your comments and tips for the group. What do you fly IAC? I taught in Mudry Cap 10s a long time ago.

The flight school that I used to manage had a CAP10. Great airplane! Really enjoyed flying it. Most of my competition was in a Decathlon and a RANS Chaos that I built back in the 80's. Now, I just help put on a couple of contests per year and run our local IAC chapters web site:

http://www.iac27.org

I am excited about this as I am really more interested in precision than 3d but my 65" Vyper seems to be capable of both and I am really enjoying it.

Rick

dth7

The flight school that I used to manage had a CAP10. Great airplane! Really enjoyed flying it. Most of my competition was in a Decathlon and a RANS Chaos that I built back in the 80's. Now, I just help put on a couple of contests per year and run our local IAC chapters web site:

http://www.iac27.org

I am excited about this as I am really more interested in precision than 3d but my 65" Vyper seems to be capable of both and I am really enjoying it.

Rick

How far from Memphis are you? I have a layover there tomorrow! That's a nice hangar full of airplanes. Love all the Pitts and that Sukhoi is really nice. My first tail stagger was a Citabria. Never did fly the Decathlon.
Are you doing any RC? If so what.
Thanks for being a part of the forum. This should become a great resource.

3dNater

Lines, radii, rates, oh my. Wind correction, full stalls, snap rolls... Lots to know for sure. Do you have access to any judging seminars? Check the iMac site or get in touch with your regional iMac reps. If you can get to one all that stuff comes together. Attending an event also helps.

I tried to reply to this via tapatalk... I'm not on the best terms with it right now lol. It basically just lost my post.

Anyway, I don't know much about anything related to precision flying or IMAC. This is a totally new pursuit for me. I have pretty much been a 3d guy from the beginning.

I am impressed by how challenging I am finding just the basic sequences as I become more aware of how they are judged. I will try to find out more info on the website in terms of whatever can be found there as well as seeing what is going on in my region. I can definitely see this practice helping my 3d flying. I may even develop an actual passion for it ;)

I work at KMEM for an airline that has purple tails. Those pictures of the hangar full of planes is from our IAC contest last May. Our box is at Grenada,MS about 70 miles south of Memphis. I stopped flying models about 20 years ago to build a couple of homebuilt airplanes. I just started back flying models and am really enjoying the electric planes. I have a 3DHS 65" Vyper that I have about six flights on so far. Planning on an electric F3A airplane in the future. Email me directly sometime when you are going to be in town. Rick at spitfire dot org

Rick