• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC learning and support using flight videos

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Darren I also enjoyed that and found it very informative. It would take a lot of typing to get that accross half as well. Good job!

dth7

Thanks man. It was nice to have two of our older members there helping me do it. I really want them both to do at least one competition this year. I help Ted and Cody do the Plum Island IMAC. That's my goal. The scratch builder has two 30cc Sukhois, a 26 and 29. They would be a treat to see on the flight line. That E Flight Splendor is pretty impressive for foam. Great confidence builder.
I'll try to do another the end of the month. Anyone else out there let me know what you want to see/ hear about.

i have competed in one IMAC event 4 weeks ago. I came in 5th place out of 11 for basic. it was my 1st competition ever, and boy was i shaking. worse off, my IMAC airplane crashed (dead-stick) 3 days before the competition, while i was practicing. i ended up using my back up plane, a 40% Bill Hemple Yak. My next competition is in one week, and today will be the Maiden of my new airplane. wish me luck!!

Attachments

• IMG_5770.JPG
    IMG_5770.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 292
  • IMG_5198.JPG
    IMG_5198.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 272

dth7

i have competed in one IMAC event 4 weeks ago. I came in 5th place out of 11 for basic. it was my 1st competition ever, and boy was i shaking. worse off, my IMAC airplane crashed (dead-stick) 3 days before the competition, while i was practicing. i ended up using my back up plane, a 40% Bill Hemple Yak. My next competition is in one week, and today will be the Maiden of my new airplane. wish me luck!!

Great on the competition, too bad on the dead stick. What region are you in?
I've been back in hobby 2 1/2 years now and competed Basic last year for first time. Won 2nd by tight margin (80 pts). I had zeroed one spin in a keeper round.
I enjoy it since I used to teach aerobatics in Mudry Cap 10b's. This lets me relive that vicariously and do some "teaching" also.
Have you been to a judging seminar? It's a great way to learn the rules to judge but also you will become a better pilot for knowing the rules (like golf, sometimes the rules can help you).
Good luck. Ask away with any questions. This community is great. If we don't have an answer we'll point you in the right direction.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp

We all shake!! LOL That's one thing I have come to realize. I often find myself watching guys hands shake, even the best of the best as it gives me more confidence to know I'm not alone. Good luck on the competition. Let us know how it goes.

dth7

Hey guys, we just completed the 2nd Annual Plum Island IMAC in MA (Northeast Region). Beautiful weather, a fair to good turnout of 19 Pilots made for a great event at a great venue. I'm so glad we were able to continue this event. It was close to death with very few registrations on line. Thankfully a rally at another event in Maine pushed it over the edge. I was thrilled to see at least 6 new faces to the event, 2 new Basic pilots (Zach and our own [MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION]- go Matt! Who placed 3rd in Basic at his very first event- woohoo! and one "trainee" I had as a caller, scribe and "shadow" judge. 3 pilots I had been working with to get to their first event could not get there- next time for sure!
Nice event for me personally. Came in first of 4 in my first Sportsman and second event! Probably will head to Intermediate. Also, we had a Basic pilot do freestyle with a small electric along with Dean and Cody (our unlimited pilots). Zach also used this 48" 3DHS Edge in his final round when his 50cc had a loose muffler (great improv Zach). Cody asked if I was going to do a freestyle. I had music but nothing prepared or practiced. When I saw Zach go up there with no fear or care that he was using a smaller plane, the 16 year old motivated me to "do one for the old guys!" I ran through an "unknown" freestyle for about 5 min and set out in front of my peers and judges and spectators. Final "encouragement" from my friend and RC mentor Cody- "it's a nice plane don't wreck it!" Lol. It tool the edge off. It went OK and I came in 3 of 4. More an act of getting feet wet and getting over the nerve barrier. I had a great weekend at an incident free event hosted by our new Plum Island Airport RC club. Good stuff.
Trying to put together an instructional video implementing the score sheets now. May take a while. Standby.

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

awesome Daren, awesome Cody!!

great to hear about such awesome flying!!!

Please support Cody and Tyler as they head to IMaC worlds (first ever) in Muncie the first week in September.
Also kudos to [MENTION=271]Enterprise[/MENTION] for his 3rd, Basic class in his first IMaC Competition. Way to go Matt for persevering through practice and 2 days of no 3D or XA!