• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC learning and support using flight videos

Bipenut53

150cc
A suggestion

Think like a 10 year old

Think - betcha I can do 3 consecutive loops that are exactly on top of each other.

Got that, repeat with outside loops

Got that?

Try for consecutive super imposed reverse half Cuban 8 s

Got that?

Try inverted reverse Cuban 8s

Then stall spin combos

Etc

If you have a couple of guys gently competing to "one up" the others, even better.

I know it ain't IMAC, but the skills are the same

Thats a great suggestion! I do that to a certain extent, just not consecutive times like that, I will give it a shot!! One of the things I have been working on is the long slow roll, dang that is much harder than it looks but when done right is a very cool maneuver! The hardest part of that one for me is keeping it on a straight path without deviation in any direction.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
That's another "challenge". Slow roll the length of the field! Point rolls are another good one. Hold the points for at least a second or two. Lots of good little challenges for yourselves or a group. Will do more for the flying than endless circles and touch and goes.

Bipenut53

150cc
That's another "challenge". Slow roll the length of the field! Point rolls are another good one. Hold the points for at least a second or two. Lots of good little challenges for yourselves or a group. Will do more for the flying than endless circles and touch and goes.

It would be hard to do the entire length of our field... About 3000 feet Lon but I can make it as long as I can. I never just fly circles but my flying doesn't have any form, ryme or reason and I'd like to have a pattern of some sort.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
One more of my favorites, horizontal figure 8s , upright, inverted, and knife edge both canopy in and canopy out. Play with controlled transitions from one to the next at the "waist" of the 8. Keep it level and symmetrical.

Sounds easy, but it is hard to do it really well, especially if wind corrections are needed.

dth7

One more of my favorites, horizontal figure 8s , upright, inverted, and knife edge both canopy in and canopy out. Play with controlled transitions from one to the next at the "waist" of the 8. Keep it level and symmetrical.

Sounds easy, but it is hard to do it really well, especially if wind corrections are needed.

Yes definitely another good "practice" maneuver that is pleasing to the eye as well. Want to bump it up a notch do all rolling! Who said that?

SnowDog

oh yeah, you guys are on the right track! I've been trying to more of these kinds of maneuvers, and as I have done so, others at the field take interested and ask me what I'm doing, and I encourage them to try the same thing, which they are doing, so it is "catching on" and improving our flying.

JUST SAY :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: to circle flying!

:peace:

Bipenut53

150cc
oh yeah, you guys are on the right track! I've been trying to more of these kinds of maneuvers, and as I have done so, others at the field take interested and ask me what I'm doing, and I encourage them to try the same thing, which they are doing, so it is "catching on" and improving our flying.

JUST SAY :sadface: :sadface: :sadface: to circle flying!

:peace:

Anything to improve my flying is good!! lol :thumbup:

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Just took a few hours to fly today.

An insight - for me, there is a learning curve- precision requires more forward cg, low rates, and usually higher airspeed - all exactly opposite to what I do for 3 D

dth7

Just took a few hours to fly today.

An insight - for me, there is a learning curve- precision requires more forward cg, low rates, and usually higher airspeed - all exactly opposite to what I do for 3 D

This is true. If possible you will want to setup minimum 2 but better 3 rates. I prefer 3 on separate switches. When I fly IMAC I set rates as low as possible but able to do snaps and spins efficiently. Some change rates for the spins and snaps. I'd rather not if I can help it.
I use my planes for IMAC, 3D, and XA so I generally have a low/ IMAC rate, 3 D rate and "as much as I can get" rate.
Speed and throttle control is key as it is for all flying.
CG- slightly forward to neutral is what I find best for all flying. The days of aft CG for 3D had passed IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator: