Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale Scratch and Kit Build Threads' started by orthobird, Mar 18, 2016.

1. Dirt

Dirt 50cc

Ho ho ho - that's a really good one Cam!! On which glue to use - most of the Carden buiilders use thin CA which I used too. The fit is very tight so thin CA works great.

orthobird likes this.
  2. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

I knew someone would get upset!

SO sorry Bobby. I will remove that ASAP.

3. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

2 down, 2 to go:

IMG_0833.JPG

4. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

3 down, one cooking....

IMG_0834.JPG

IMG_0835.JPG

they are all symmetrical.
    IMG_0836.JPG

pawnshopmike likes this.
  5. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

Next will be to determine how to glue on the phenolic support ply on the inside of the truss.

6. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Ok have to ask you probably have a number of planes ready to fly and have been following you builds and enjoying it but you are now building 2 more planes are all these plans for IMAC. Do you need that many planes to compete. I am Asking because I use to compete in 1/8 gas racing and competed at top levels and travel all over the world and we needed at least four cars and 10 engines and probably 10 set of the four compounds to attend a race. Do not fly IMAC just intereste

orthobird likes this.
  7. You sound like a woman!

I kid, I kid...

Jetpainter and orthobird like this.
  8. mndless

mndless Don't know a thing..

Turn around for a couple days and .. wham... cam is off onto another project, or two.

you're a machine !!

thurmma and orthobird like this.
  9. orthobird

orthobird 150cc

Hello Snoopy, I have to say, I suffer from an addiction. An addiction to model airplanes. Love to fly and build. My wife does not even know I am building three more. Real symptoms of an addiction. Anyone know if there is a Model Airplanes Anonymous? I may have to attend... ;)

10. My wife limited the size of my shop and our fun money to keep my addiction under control.