• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Double Build, Carden Pro 124" Extra 300 40%

Both fuselage sides are ready to be tied into to the motorbox...

I will prepare the work bench for this, with the plans, the plan protector, and aluminum angles.
Wish me luck...

IMG_0909.JPG
IMG_0910.JPG
IMG_0911.JPG
IMG_0912.JPG
IMG_0913.JPG

The build continues....

from the manual:

E. Trial fit the Motor Box and Fuse Sides upside down over the Top View Plan.

F. Line up the Motor Box so F-2 matches the Top View Plan. Make sure to position the Motor Box so the Top Plate hangs over the front of your building board so the Box can sit level with the Fuse Sides.

G. Sand the taper on the front and back edge of the Fuse Side to match the Plans.

before E: I rechecked my table top, to assure it is flat. You may not notice, but I replaced the MDF with a new one, that is 1" bigger than the bench top, so now I have more area. Someone asked, what is the size:
here are the dimensions 36" by 86"

I then placed the plans and the plan protector down, and then using my straight edge, I placed the aluminum angles next to it, to make sure everything is straight, then clamped and then screwed down the aluminum angles down to the table over the plan...

IMG_0942.JPG

aluminum angles getting fixed to the bench top and assuring they are straight also. Cannot trust the plans.
IMG_0943.JPG

looks straight to me...
IMG_0944.JPG

then, line up motor box:

Also for Primo, ROLLERMAN my angle on the LE of the truss side with F2....

IMG_0945.JPG

So now, it is starting to come alive:

5. Taper and install F-6 first. Install F-2, F-5, F-4 and F-3 in this order using 5 minute Epoxy.

(F-5 slides in and out and F-4 and F-3 slide fore and aft to adjust for a perfect fit and a straight Fuse Side.)

F6 is at the tail. connects right FS with the left FS.

IMG_0953.JPG

after you glue F6 1st, then, make sure fuselage sides are square to the plans/ MB

then glue F2 to the front edge of FS/truss (used epoxy).:

IMG_0949.JPG

then F5, (with epoxy):

IMG_0952.JPG

after F5, glue in F4 and F3:

IMG_0950.JPG
IMG_0951.JPG

here is where I am at now:

IMG_0947.JPG
IMG_0948.JPG

I should mention:
Before I began to glue the FS to the MB or F6, I first inserted the wing tube and stab tube phenolic with the CF tubes inside, to help with the alignment. Once they were in, then I began to glue everything together, except, I did not and have yet to glue in the phenolics for the Wing tube or stab tube.

Attachments

• IMG_0949.JPG
    IMG_0949.JPG
    69.4 KB · Views: 213
Thank you sir!

I started on some of the cross bracing.
I will be using hollow carbon fiber rods, only on the top and towards the front, where my hands will be going in and out for battery exchange, etc....

but otherwise, the rest will be stock.

from the manual:

6. Cut and install Cross Braces to the Fuse. (Fuse top side first.) Trial fit the Bottom Deck during this process. The Fuse Side must be straight and square to the building board.

I sued a circular saw, and removed the pilot drill bit, made these plywood discs.

they are then cut down the middle, to make a "half-moon" . These will go on top side and bottom side of the carbon fiber, and I am using epoxy to adhere the whole thing.

IMG_0957.JPG
IMG_0958.JPG
IMG_0959.JPG
IMG_0960.JPG

I used my 2nd set of plans to cut and measure the cross bracing.
IMG_0955.JPG

I will be making 4 of each, at each time, one set for each airplane, and one for top and another for bottom.

IMG_0956.JPG

I still have a long way to go, but it is fun seeing it come together. I can feel it getting more firm as I add the cross braces.