• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Delro Raven 3.1M build

Jlc

70cc twin V2
I agree with everything said. Made me think though when you said about the carf being top hinged my ailerons aren't top hinged but it isn't in the middle either. About 1/3 down. Man this is going to require some thought. Better grab a beer. Thanks for the pics!

Wacobipe

100cc
Jetpainter;13285 wrote: Waco, since you've built the 60cc sized Pitts, now you need to build the big one!

No...it won't fit in my trailer. My next project is either a1/4 scale Gee Bee Model Y (90" wingspan) and/or the 2.5m Delro Raven. I have everything to start the GeeBee but I'd also like to replace my Aeroworks Extra with something more capable in the IMAC arena.

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
Jeff, now is the time to set up the ailerons correctly.

I'd opt for new horns; either get some G10 board and cut new ones so the hole are over the hinge line or looks for some ready-made. I think I've seen some Sullivan heavy duty metal horns that may work if the geometry and strength are good.

Rex

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I just checked my Carf and it's dead center over the hinge line.

Brian, I've been meaning to put differential in mine, but never have. One of many things I need to get around to.

Jlc

70cc twin V2
Jetpainter;13435 wrote: I just checked my Carf and it's dead center over the hinge line.

Brian, I've been meaning to put differential in mine, but never have. One of many things I need to get around to.

I agree but what I'm thinking is if the hinges are more to the top and the arms over the hinges the ailerons will move more down than up with the same inputs or am I wrong?

Jlc

70cc twin V2
Jetpainter;13435 wrote: I just checked my Carf and it's dead center over the hinge line.

Thanks for checking!

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Heres the JTEC horns, maybe they'll be a good solution for you, on my phone now and difficult to make a linkee to their site. How's that beer and staring session going ?

That differential in the carfs makes a big difference in most maneuvers, keeps it from wallowing around and reduces all... well most.. of the rudder work.

13442=7331-20140830_194535.jpg
13442=7331-20140830_194535.jpg
13442=7332-20140830_194541.jpg
13442=7332-20140830_194541.jpg

Jlc

70cc twin V2
IMAC FANATIC;13442 wrote: Heres the JTEC horns, maybe they'll be a good solution for you, on my phone now and difficult to make a linkee to their site. How's that beer and staring session going ?

That differential in the carfs makes a big difference in most maneuvers, keeps it from wallowing around and reduces all... well most.. of the rudder work.

I like those and I could probably order the boxes to mount them in. Thanks for all the help. Beer is definitely working. Glad I brought my issues here for help.

13444=7333-7272B490-4BA2-4A75-A196-02D61AC9F385.jpg
13444=7333-7272B490-4BA2-4A75-A196-02D61AC9F385.jpg

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
I wouldnt worry about the offset of the hinges, sounds like they were going for a very scale application, most full scale is not hinged exactly on center. And that would be a ton of work to re-do all the hinge stock. Your building for IMAC anyways and most ailerons only deflect 20-25° , centering the horns is the vital part.