• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Delro Raven 3.1M build

Jlc

70cc twin V2
I'm going to order the jtec horns Monday. They come with the hard points so that is a bonus. Checked my aileron deflection with my current bevel and its 40 degrees. Going flying to clear my head.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
IMAC FANATIC;13699 wrote: How'd that flying session go my friend ?

I don't now how Jlc's day at the field went, but mine was just what I needed. You get away from work and anyone your related to, and talk to like minded people about something you love. Plus you get to fly! Shame it was hot and miserably humid, otherwise is was a perfect day. Three good flights and didn't break anything.

Jlc

70cc twin V2
Yes it was good to get in the air. Had my first dead stick with my Da 150 though at the bottom of a spin. Caught a mesquite tree on the way back to the strip but the flying gods were with me and not much more than a nick to the airframe. I got back home and was looking over the wing on the raven and decided I need to do some more sanding. The aileron trailing edge and wing trailing edge are matched up so when I hinge it will move the aileron to much back and it won't be square anymore. Great more sanding! Brian I saw your hairspray deal on your thread I'm going to give it a go when I get ready.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
What I dig about this hobby is when your flying, all thoughts, like what you said.. work and people and problems, all fade away and all there is , is the next manouver the next line, zero thoughts but your flight and a good landing, like minded people and all the clever hobby related chit chat is a welcome retreat from the everyday life. I love it ! Didnt get to fly today , maybe tomorrow and glad the plane gods were good to you both today!

Id talk to some folks about the hinging before you get radical about it, may be fine.. not perfect but perfectly fine for non full deflection flight.

Jlc

70cc twin V2
Yes I think I'm just going to do a bit to allow for a small hinge gap, hopefully I can get a small hinge gap.lol.