• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Delro Raven 3.1M build

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Jlc;12984 wrote: Wish I was going faster but I'm feeling my way through it. Control horns next.

Don't feel bad, I haven't worked on my build since the middle of July. I guess when I get started again I'll bring the thread over here.

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
I've been working on mine 13 months now, ya know, I dont think id want to fly or buy a plane that was turned out in a short time, professional builders excluded from that comment, every thing ive rushed through in it, I wasnt happy with.

Like to see that bird finished Jet.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
IMAC FANATIC;13010 wrote: I've been working on mine 13 months now, ya know, I dont think id want to fly or buy a plane that was turned out in a short time, professional builders excluded from that comment, every thing ive rushed through in it, I wasnt happy with.

Like to see that bird finished Jet.

There has been other stuff clogging up the workbench including a helicopter of all things. But, I plan on getting back to it very soon. Threads like this and yours Brian keep me motivated.

Jlc

70cc twin V2
Jetpainter;12995 wrote: Don't feel bad, I haven't worked on my build since the middle of July. I guess when I get started again I'll bring the thread over here.

For sure bring the thread over when things get cranking again.

Jlc

70cc twin V2
I need to order hinges but I'm still debating flat or robart. I saw two threads both cardens that used flat style that looked really nice.

IMAC FANATIC

Dubro flat with piano wire running entire length . I used robart, much easier for me to install, but when dave ( dwdixon) put his in.. I was jealous. Much tighter tolerances.and the wire fills the gap, zero sealing to surcaces . Were building in same shop, theres ALOT to be jealous of on that plane lol.

Jlc

70cc twin V2
IMAC FANATIC;13071 wrote: Dubro flat with piano wire running entire length . I used robart, much easier for me to install, but when dave ( dwdixon) put his in.. I was jealous. Much tighter tolerances.and the wire fills the gap, zero sealing to surcaces . Were building in same shop, theres ALOT to be jealous of on that plane lol.

Thanks, I figured robart would be easier. Piano wire the entire length everything would have to be dead on perfect but I bet it looks nice.

IMAC FANATIC

Robarts are super simple, and your right it has to be dead on flush and level to pull it off right, s' why I went with robarts, maybe next time when im a lil braver.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Jetpainter;12995 wrote: Don't feel bad, I haven't worked on my build since the middle of July. I guess when I get started again I'll bring the thread over here.

Um, yea! All the builders are here now!!

Nice looking plane jlc! But pre sheeted foam.....that's just cheating! For your control horn blocks there are a couple of good ways. I use square blocks of balsa hardened with thin foam safe ca and installed before the hinge-line stock. Then install the horns with epoxy....ARF style. I know Henry Piorun did it with some built up blocks with balsa and 1/16 ply if I remember correctly. That was on a carden pro. I'm out of town flying for the weekend but can send some references when I get home. Most of my pics are on "that other site". I posted pics there on a hyperlite slick thread most recently for control horn block installation.