• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

Pistolera

HEY!..GET OUTTA MY TREE!
Cam...when you see the Gorilla Glue expanding and oozing out like that, go ahead and wipe it off.  Keep some alcohol handy to saturate paper towels and it wipes right off.  Much easier than cleaning it up and sanding after it cures.

IMG_6498.JPG

IMG_6499.JPG

this is what i did.... i measured the distance from the wing tube to the 4 holes on the side of one wing where the respective wing studs and dowels will go. two in front of the wing tube and 2 aft to the wing tube. these points were then cored out in the root of the wing to accommodate a round dowel, approximately 1 inch in diameter and 1.5" long. then, they were buried 1/4'" in from the inner most edge of the wing root, and then a 1/4" thick plywood block was cut to fit this area. these were all glued in with Elmers Poly U glue. then sanded down.

Pistolera said
Cam...when you see the Gorilla Glue expanding and oozing out like that, go ahead and wipe it off.  Keep some alcohol handy to saturate paper towels and it wipes right off.  Much easier than cleaning it up and sanding after it cures.
yep, i did that on the right wing, so there was minimal amount of cured glue.  on the left wing, the 1st one i did, my wife was calling me so i had to leave wing unattended.  She is having a party tomorrow.  SO she is a bit anxious.  in any event, this is what the left wing looks like after i sanded it down.  i did not take a picture, but i did fill in the small gaps between the root cap and the wing with balsa-lite filler.
IMG_6493.JPG

IMG_6494.JPG

IMG_6495.JPG

IMG_6496.JPG

here is once i placed the right wing on the fuselage, and covered it with waxed paper. then i applied the glue between the cap and the root of the wing.
IMG_6500.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_6500.JPG
    IMG_6500.JPG
    68.1 KB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Looks like they didn't carry over to the new site/software. That really sucks. You had tons on here. Hopefully its a bug they can fix and get them back.

Patroller

70cc twin V2
If you edit a post with a photo with a broken link you can see the file name of the photo that is missing. Then just re upload them into that post. It is a lot of work though.