• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
orthobird said
yes!! i was at cowtown! were you there also?
Ah so you are Cam and you won Rookie of the Year, congrats by the way.  I work with Rex (Capt.Roll).  Sorry I did not know in to introduce myself.  Next time 

IMAC-FANATIC said
So Doc, how did you do at the event, place doesnt matter, just hope ya had fun and flew well.
it was a ton of fun, and most importantly, i learned from my peers!! i am trying to soak as much in as i can, being that i want to be a better pilot.  there were i believe 9 pilots in Basic.  

the build is back on!

did a little bit more this morning and this evening.

want to show the balsa stock, that is 1/2" thick, that we have to use as the trailing edge and for the hinge line.  this balsa length is about 20 inches or so, and for one wing, you have to place 2 and 1/2 stacked together.  what i did, is i made an angled joint, to increase the surface area for the glue.  
IMG_6470.JPG

IMG_6466.JPG

IMG_6467.JPG

Ohio.AV8TOR said
orthobird said
yes!! i was at cowtown! were you there also?

Ah so you are Cam and you won Rookie of the Year, congrats by the way.  I work with Rex (Capt.Roll).  Sorry I did not know in to introduce myself.  Next time 
ohio, what is your name? did you compete while we were there? thank you for the compliment!!

i also marked the right and left wing and the top position on the root side of the wings and also on the wing chucks.
IMG_6459.JPG

IMG_6460.JPG

IMG_6461.JPG

IMG_6462.JPG

i have glued the servo boxes together.  i am also attaching photos of the tools i use to cut thru the foam.  not pictured is my 5 foot long brass tube for the servo wires. i will be using two servos per aileron, and one servo will be near root, and the other one will be mid wing area.  not at the tip.  
IMG_6463.JPG

IMG_6464.JPG

IMG_6465.JPG

got some more work done.  i have glued the LE and TE for the wings.  have sanded them down some.  still need to finish that part.

i started working on the root caps.  this part takes a bit of planning.  i want to use a anti-rotation dowel on each wing (x2), and then use the DA studs .  i will work on making the hard points on the root side of the wing.

the root caps also are a bit short, so i am augmenting them.
IMG_6473.JPG

IMG_6474.JPG

IMG_6478.JPG

IMG_6479.JPG

IMG_6480.JPG

IMG_6483.JPG

IMG_6484.JPG

IMG_6485.JPG

IMG_6486.JPG

IMG_6488.JPG

just glued on the hard points for the studs/ dowel on both wings, and the left wing root cap is glued on, waiting for it to cure.  once that one is done, then i can glue the right wing root cap. then sand time for the root cap and LE and TE. then, set the incidence. then cut out the aielerons, then add LE and TE to hinge gap. then servo boxes!!  etc...

still long way to go.

have yet to hear from Henry Piorun regarding the shroud.  i better email him,.