• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

IMAC Dalton 300 ml build thread.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I've been following along your build thread. All I can say is, VERY NICE! It almost makes me want to build another stick plane. Ummmm, yeah not so much. My patience is pretty much worn out. I will just keep tabs on yours. Sweet plane....
winking-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

BalsaDust

HAHA OOPS yeah foam and fiberglass resin do not like each other. You could have gone the route of thinned gorilla glue and gotten pretty nice results. Thats how I laid the fiberglass cloth down on the foam plug for my Cap232 cowl plug I'm working on. Plane is looking great. Keep up the good work.

got a bit more done over past few days.  i will be leaving out of town tomorrow for the last IMAC competition of 2014 in SOUTH CENTRAL region.  I will be flying my 3DHS EXTRA 330 LX.

I did cover the fin and rudder and part of the turtle deck, then one of my buddies came over, and we noticed that the 350 sandpaper is not good enough to make a smooth surface, so i removed all the covering and will resand the surface with 400, then 800, and then 1000. i also will be filling in very minor linear grooves, etc.. with hobbylite filler. this has been done already.

someone else told me to get elmers glue and thin with water til it is watery, and to apply to the covering surface, then to sand it.  he said it would make balsa harder, so i would sand less.  do not know if this is true.  But i may try it.

I was able to also make the two slots in the hard points for the G10 control horns.  came out real good.

& i have glued the servo boxes together for the wings, they will be ready by this afternoon when i get back from work.

The wings arrive tonight!!! Yippie.

next week i will get the wings ready and then i believe just some other details need to be complete, i suspect she will be ready in 12 months or so.

But tonight, my alma mater football team is playing at 7 pm, so i will be watching that!!

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Have fun and hope you do well at the event. 

Try aqua-net super hold hairspray ,made all the difference in the world for me, glass smooth.  Maybe do some test pieces to see if yoy like it,  spray till there is a sheen on balsa and let dry overnight,  sand with 600 and done.

thank you Brian.

right now it is half time, so i sneaked to post my progress pictures from this morning.

Here is how i made the slots for the G10 horns.  

Also, my wings arrived today, i will work on them next week.
IMG_6443.JPG

IMG_6444.JPG

IMG_6445.JPG

IMG_6446.JPG

IMG_6447.JPG

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
orthobird said
Just made it back from Fort Worth and looking forward to starting on the wings tomorrow.  Pictures to come soon!!
Were you at the IMAC event at the Thunderbirds field?  I live just outside Fort Worth in Benbrook

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
orthobird said
yes!! i was at cowtown! were you there also?
Yes on Sunday, dang sorry I missed you.  I live here so if you ever stop by again please let me know.  Where are you from?  That is one thing I wish this forum had was location by the names.