• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA-70

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Just installed this engine in an EF 88" edge. :brian-banana::dancing-chicken::mario-banana::yesss: WOW!! awesome!!

I got in 8 or 9 flights today and each flight the engine begin to deliver more and more power. Geesh keep this up and I think I will buy another one!! :way_to_go:. Factory needle settings were a little rich so I found. Leaning out the low needle a bit seemed to help a great deal.

Looking forward to the next time I get to go out!!

Falcon 25x8W is a great combo too.

Glad to hear it!!! I just got a shiny new one for my PAU Extra but that one won't see gas till Spring now. I just have to say though......
slap.gif
there is NO such thing as factory needle settings!!!! I know you know this because I preached it to ya while you lived here, just sayin'. Glad to hear you are not flooded out down there as well!!! Sure miss flying with you but we'll look forward to flying with you at Nall unless you make it to H.O.W.

ericb

Team WTFO
GSN Contributor
Just installed this engine in an EF 88" edge. :brian-banana::dancing-chicken::mario-banana::yesss: WOW!! awesome!!

I got in 8 or 9 flights today and each flight the engine begin to deliver more and more power. Geesh keep this up and I think I will buy another one!! :way_to_go:. Factory needle settings were a little rich so I found. Leaning out the low needle a bit seemed to help a great deal.

Looking forward to the next time I get to go out!!

Falcon 25x8W is a great combo too.
I have the same prop on mine and completely agree with you. Great prop for this engine.

Glad to hear it!!! I just got a shiny new one for my PAU Extra but that one won't see gas till Spring now. I just have to say though......View attachment 42747 there is NO such thing as factory needle settings!!!! I know you know this because I preached it to ya while you lived here, just sayin'. Glad to hear you are not flooded out down there as well!!! Sure miss flying with you but we'll look forward to flying with you at Nall unless you make it to H.O.W.
haha! Yes you did! I should have worded it "factory starting point" :laughing:

After being deprived of flight for 2 weeks I am happy to say that yesterday was the start to a weekend of huckin! Plans to spend Friday, Sat, and Sunday afternoon at the field with one goal.... BURN GAS! :brian-banana:
I miss hanging out with the midwest gang! You guys ROCK!! :way_to_go:

Not sure on H.O.W. yet, hope to but travel is going to be tight for me after next week, but don't count me out yet.

There are lots of good airframes for the DA-70. I was going to do something with one then decided to go 120 and buy a Viper. I considered the EF MXS and Extra, the PAU Extra, the Aeroworks Freestyle Extra, and the AJ Laser. I don't think you could go wrong with any of those choices. I was leaning towards the EF MXS.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I know it is not an EF/Pilot/PAU but.....Now that the "cosmetic" issues are remedied I can't help believe it is going to be an awesome performer. Control surfaces are HUGE and take off weight under 19 pounds!
The DA 70 will rock in this (I really think so ;)).

0912151831-03.jpg