• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA-70

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
I just ordered a 91" Extreme Flight Extra last night and will be using a DA-70. I did a search here and did not see a thread dedicated to this Beauty "and" Beast. I thought I am going to start a thread so it grows here. So lets get this started. Please jump in with what working for you and whats not.

Gosh its beautiful

DA.JPG

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
So props, rather than throwing a lot of money in trying can I get some feedback of what I should start off with. My DA60 on a 3DHS with a Vess Stealth 24B felt like I was in second gear. I am not a low and slow guy but working on that. I like high energy tumbling and do like slow rollers but just not that low. I also don't want to land screaming fast because we fly on pavement.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Exhaust - I like the piped Pitts look and the Jtec seems popular from what I read, if quite is not an issue are canisters really worth it?

What up man trying thins new site we met in orlando a couple weeks back. The 70 I messed with was two both on EF extra.they had the same set up jtec with vess 24-b. It is a rocket ship. Brake in we just tuned and then fly.

Last edited:

SleepyC

150cc
Yea 70! I have one ready to go into my AW 260 freestyle.. need exhaust ideas... just normal Jtec mufflers?

aarestor

70cc twin V2
You will like this set up. I have the 91" Extra with the DA70 on stock muffs and it is a pleasure to fly. Engine is still breaking in but gets better with each flight. I am running a Falcon 25x8 prop, which seems to be perfect for this beast.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Yea 70! I have one ready to go into my AW 260 freestyle.. need exhaust ideas... just normal Jtec mufflers?

I bet the Jtec's will do fine with that air frame. I hear it is pretty light. I decided to go 2n1 and large proflow cuz noise is always an issue it seems no matta where me is (I think I hang with too many FOG's). Like they can hear real good!? Ya Uhm Hum.lol