• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

DA-70

I too just picked up a DA70 that is going in a brand new 4 year old aj slick. the guys at da had either Jtec or slimline mufflers to choose from. They recommended the slimline so that's what I got. The slimline are nice. They look very durable also.

aarestor

70cc twin V2
What mounting method are you using on your 70's? Any wood mounts to reduce vibrations?
I am using aluminum stand offs . I have not tached this yet but she hauls the mail on up lines. I fly at 3500ft. This engine is way smoother than my DA60.

Bigbird

30cc
DA states very clearly to use solid spacers to mount the engine. I made these for a friends Extreme Flight Extra 300 with a DA70. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• IMG_1662.JPG
    IMG_1662.JPG
    49 KB · Views: 346
  • IMG_1663.JPG
    IMG_1663.JPG
    88.4 KB · Views: 414
  • IMG_1664.JPG
    IMG_1664.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 380

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Looks very good. Are you going to sell them? Terryscustom has me thinking solid maple might be better. Before I bought the Blazing Star mount for my DA-60 I used the play like yours. How thick is the bundle? I believe that I need 3/4"

Bigbird

30cc
The one pictured is 3/4". But we can stack them to just about any thickness needed. They can be 1/8", 1/4", or 1/2" thick. Then just stack them up to the desired height. I made them from Baltic Birch Ply wood so its pretty light and still very solid. I'm sure a solid maple spacer would work well also.
I am trying to see if there is enough interest to go ahead and make some to sell.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Can someone please share how they connected their throttle link to the throttle arm using in-cowl J-Tech mufflers? I am using a 4-40 rod with a 2-56 ball link and a 2-56 button head screw and one washer on the screw head to ball to secure the ball and it hits the muffler in the open and closed throttle positions.

FullSizeRender.jpg

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
Well I hated to do it but I used a 1/4" punch and dented in the inside of the muffler. It has clearance now and the outside of the muffler still looks new.
I like in-cowls but I guess this is one advantage for canisters.

muffler.jpg