• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Da-35

How are you guys liking this engine haven't heard alot on it also does it have the same mounting pattern as dle30 -os 33 or does it buy its self just wandering how it fits firewall on 3dhs planes I know the dle 35ra is a tight fit agaist xide of firewall

It fit just fine in my 71 slick. It was the same mount pattern as the GT33 as I just swapped the motors. I have all of two flights on mine, so no real opinion yet. Busy doing IMAC these past few weeks.

hone

150cc
What is the thrust people are getting with this versus a DLE 35?
The DLE likes to spin a smaller prop than the DA. The DLE pretty much maxes out at a 20x8. The DA can swing a 20x9, 20x10 or 21x8. I'm liking the 20x9 though. The DA35 is turning it at about 7500rpm for me right now on the jtec wrap around pitts.
Can't tell you the difference in thrust but the DA has more torque than the DLE for sure.

A few guys at my field run the DLE 35 and OS 33, they have been extremely impressed by my DA so far.

Also, even if the 21" prop on the DA doesn't produce more thrust than the DLE (I'm sure it does but if it didn't) it is putting more air over the surfaces which makes for more positive control post stall.

Last edited by a moderator:

Blewis

New to GSN!
Does anyone know the distance between firewall and prop adapter including the mounting studs ( or whatever they're called) on a DA 35. Trying to see how big a job it's gonna be for me to convert over. I'm currently at 6 and 1/8 inches from firewall to back prop plate.

I'm new here so a little back ground, I was pretty involved in this hobby for about 20 years and was out for about 18 years. Currently I am finishing a clipped wing Taylorcraft ace kit I started about 20 years ago and I have an OS 120 4 stroker in it now and thinking of converting it to the Da 35

Last edited by a moderator:

Blewis

New to GSN!
Does anyone know the distance between firewall and prop adapter including the mounting studs ( or whatever they're called) on a DA 35. Trying to see how big a job it's gonna be for me to convert over. I'm currently at 6 and 1/8 inches from firewall to back prop plate.

I'm new here so a little back ground, I was pretty involved in this hobby for about 20 years and was out for about 18 years. Currently I am finishing a clipped wing Taylorcraft ace kit I started about 20 years ago and I have an OS 120 4 stroker in it now and thinking of converting it to the Da 35

Anyone?

vegasking

70cc twin V2
Here you go Blewis

da-35-1.PNG da-35-2.PNG

Blewis

New to GSN!
G Hoffman, I tried to send you a private message but I guess it didn't work. How much for the choke assembly for the da 35?