• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Aerobeez "BANSHEE" 91" Slick build

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
WOOHOO! Power has arrived!!

View attachment 50402

Waiting on a shipment from ThunderPower and we'll have electrons to run it with. Will need to see what size standoffs I need and get those ordered up.
Electrons? Oh how awesome. So dat 70 be running on electricity now? That's gonna save ya on weight. No need for a fuel tank. Just plug it into the same battery as you run your servos from and your in bi-ness. Right? LOL

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well the engine runs on dinosaur molecules, but the ignition module uses electrons...

I needed exactly 1" standoffs for this engine, so I ordered up a set of SWB 1" standoffs with bolts. I should have a good 1/8" of clearance between the cowl and spinner. Also, I found out that the included RCGF 55CC plywood template is an exact fit for the DA70 mount, so I'll be using that. We're not that far from liftoff!!

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well the engine runs on dinosaur molecules, but the ignition module uses electrons...

I needed exactly 1" standoffs for this engine, so I ordered up a set of SWB 1" standoffs with bolts. I should have a good 1/8" of clearance between the cowl and spinner. Also, I found out that the included RCGF 55CC plywood template is an exact fit for the DA70 mount, so I'll be using that. We're not that far from liftoff!!
In other words...Dino doo doo and invisable power waves. AH HA!! Honestly Tanner, you are going to have a butt kickin' set up there pal. Just a smidgeon jealous over here in spud-ville.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Just a small update, got my Thunder Power batteries, there was a bit of a hold up with the CC company so I didn't actually get them ordered until late yesterday. They showed up on my desk today :oblong: Now that's customer service, thanks Kim!

20160210_114055.jpg

I am trying to find out what I still need (aside from a spinner) but I think I have everything, just waiting on a few other pieces to the puzzle and then we should be able to complete it :D

Last edited:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Okay more progress for tonight. Still waiting on parts, but at least I could get the rudder cables hooked up.
_MG_5573.jpg

The Secraft easy connector made the rudder cable setup a breeze.
_MG_5572.jpg

Got the cable as tight as I could, then I fitted the grub screws in place (there is a brass tube that goes inside) and tightened them down. Final tensioning is done on the servo end.

Fuel tank installed. I like to wrap a strip of velcro around the front and butt the rear against the wing spar. Keeps it secured in place.
_MG_5571.jpg

Also ran the elevator extensions through the fuse. The pre-installed tube and pull string makes this job simple and easy.
_MG_5574.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Okay more progress for tonight. Still waiting on parts, but at least I could get the rudder cables hooked up.
View attachment 50481

The Secraft easy connector made the rudder cable setup a breeze.
View attachment 50480
Got the cable as tight as I could, then I fitted the grub screws in place (there is a brass tube that goes inside) and tightened them down. Final tensioning is done on the servo end.

Fuel tank installed. I like to wrap a strip of velcro around the front and butt the rear against the wing spar. Keeps it secured in place.
View attachment 50479

Also ran the elevator extensions through the fuse. The pre-installed tube and pull string makes this job simple and easy.
View attachment 50482
Cool....:way_to_go: