• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
If you have 6s 5000 packs already, I would suggest running those. If you are buying new packs for this plane I suggest exploring 12s (2 6s 2500's in series) as an option.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
The smallest ones I have are some Thor 45C 6S 3300's. I run those in my 600 Heli. It's a split pack so taking them off the battery tray will be no big deal. The rest of them go up from there.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
The Aerobeez Team uses a Hacker A60-6XS, Master Spin 99 ESC, and Hitec 7954's all with a 6s 5000 for power (same setup I'm going to use). I think they're running a separate flight pack, not 100% on that. I'm going to use a Castle BEC PRO in mine set to 8 volts so that I don't have to add a separate flight back or HD switch.

3dNater

If you have an abundance of larger 6s packs I would just run 6s and take advantage of the synergies of sharing packs between flying things :)

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
I'll be running a Motrolfly maybe the 4330-255, already have some Hitec 7954's, but considering a set of Savox servo's. Havent decided on esc yet...either a CC HV or a Gecko HV also don't want run a separate flight pack. Always try and stay away from that if I can.

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
The prop on a 12s system would be sooner small and really useless for 3D. I personally thing this plane needs 8s. The power in the Aerobees videos looks a bit anemic for my taste. I am sure 6s 5000 are completely adequate. But 8s would be AWESOME!

3dNater

The prop on a 12s system would be sooner small and really useless for 3D. I personally thing this plane needs 8s. The power in the Aerobees videos looks a bit anemic for my taste. I am sure 6s 5000 are completely adequate. But 8s would be AWESOME!
Why do people keep saying this? A lower kv will let you run a bigger prop. Get the right wind and it will be great...

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
HAHA could put put a A80 in it... actually I decided not to go with 12S. It will either be 6 or 8.

Last edited by a moderator: