• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Mine will be built with a 6S power system, probably 6S 6000 since that's what I have. This plane is a bit smaller than the typical 7X plane. Should fly great on 6S, it's what the Aerobeez team guys are using.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Agreed the setup Aerobeez is flying with looks to be more than enough and is probably where I will go with mine. Still... doesn't hurt to entertain other options, by nature we are a bunch of guy's that like to tinker aren't we :) I will know for sure what Im going to do once I get it here and look at what kind of room Im working with.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
[MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] What exactly was your setup on the 70" Slick Pro
Motor was Hacker A60 6XS on 6S
ESC ?
Servos ?

and how do you think things would be on 8S 10S or a 12S setup?

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
[MENTION=2215]Aerobeez[/MENTION] What exactly was your setup on the 70" Slick Pro
Motor was Hacker A60 6XS on 6S
ESC ?
Servos ?

and how do you think things would be on 8S 10S or a 12S setup?

There is a thread on RC Groups for this plane, there's a gentleman that is currently flying his on 12S. I believe the Aerobeez team pilots are flying theirs on 6S 5000. I'll be setting mine up with either the Motrofly 4330 or the Hacker on 6S 6000. I purchased XQ Power servos, S4016, I have them in my 71 Extra and really like them. ESC of course will depend on the battery voltage you plan to run.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah Aerobeez fly's on 6S and I think the reason is because that would be the norm for this type aircraft and the masses. Plus I know it will do very well on that setup as do you. Personally I like making things different from others and not so much part of the norm. Putting more power to this bird I think will be fun. Not so much that it's overwhelming. What Im looking to do is have enough so when I go vertical from a hover it gets there in a hurry. I like those real short bursts of speed. In doing this I want to power system that will take it all day long and not over heat or get over stressed. I know weight will be an issue so the real trick will be finding a way to get what I want if I can without adding to much weight. Should be fun as long as I can keep from drilling the thing 20 feet into the ground.

Last edited by a moderator:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Cell count doesn't affect weight by itself. As voltage goes up, capacity can go down because you are pulling less amps. The amount of energy to fly 6-8 minutes is going to take about the same size and weight no matter how you configure it. Interestingly, you can run a smaller esc, but it has to be HV.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
The beauty of motrofly is that you can get your motor wound for the power system you want to run. I have seen posts about having to run a smaller prop etc. That is an issue related to kv, which Ken @ subsonicplanes.com can address with a custom wind. He doesn't charge that much to custom wind your motor and other guys have already done the homework...