• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Express are you going to run it on 6S or 12S Just ordered mine and haven't decided on what motor to go with yet.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Express are you going to run it on 6S or 12S Just ordered mine and haven't decided on what motor to go with yet.

6S 5000. Going with a Hacker A60-6XS, thinking about a Falcon 20x10 Electric Carbon. It's razor thin and weighs something like a whole 2 ounces!

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
It doesn't have to weigh more. For instance... 2 6s 2500's weigh the same as one 6s 5000 and have the same amount of energy in them.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I don't really see the need or reason to go to 12S. 12S is a 50CC type of power system, that'll fly any 50cc airplane with power and authority. This is a 35cc airplane, and 6-8s would be ideal. It flies awesome on 6S.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I don't really see the need or reason to go to 12S. 12S is a 50CC type of power system, that'll fly any 50cc airplane with power and authority. This is a 35cc airplane, and 6-8s would be ideal. It flies awesome on 6S.
You are right about 6s being just fine. There are some benefits to be gained by going with higher voltage though. It would cut the amps in half which gains efficiency by less heat loss etc. We have one or two threads here on the site discussing the benefits of 12s on a 30cc airframes.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Nater your right on track with what Im thinking. Plus this isn't going to be built so much for speed rather torque. Keeping it light and floaty yet have the power as well. Finding that balance between the two. Keeping things cool down slow. Not alot of air getting pushed over the motor/esc down low and slow. I understand it doesn't mean I have to run 6S 5000 packs either. LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I wonder what the A60-6XS would do on a 7s pack with the falcon carbon electric 20x10. That prop is the lightest electric prop I've ever felt, certainly would decrease amp draw over a plastic or wooden prop, no?