• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
All I have is a crappy old phone to take video bud, but I can try.

Congratulations Bloosee on the completion of your build. Will be nice to hear what you have to say about it. :)

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Always the salesman eh...Throw up a link dude. Never-mind I got it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
How do you think they compare to the go-pro? Be honest now. Might not be fair to ask that of you that, so I ask those who have one.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
A go pro is not optimal for filming a plane from the ground. Fantastic for aerial photography though.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
You can still use a mini camera to film an airplane. We just want to know how it punches out of a hover :)

As far as the action cameras go, having used both the GoPro and our S60... I much rather the S60 just based upon the features and price point. Comes with a waterproof hard case, a screen that attaches to the camera, and a slew of other little misc accessories. You can have a live view on your phone, and control the camera with it too. I haven't had the opportunity to thoroughly and extensively test the S60, but I can tell you it's a much better budget minded camera.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Okay, but just so you know your going to laugh at my hovering... Sounds really good on the cam thing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Close enough, kind of like the weight. I had the benefit of being able to slow the vid down to see where it peaked. Below is what I wrote up under the vid.

View attachment 35689

Published on Jul 6, 2015
Alright fella's I finally got around to taking the actual measurements of this motor setup. So here it is.

Motor: Motrolfly DM 4330-216Kv
Prop: Xoar 20x8 wood
ESC: Mezon 90 w/RPM
Batteries: 2 Pulse 3700maH 45C in series

Looks like it peaked out at 3214.5 watts
Plane weighs 9.5 to 9.75 pounds don't have a digital scale "Need to get one" I used the 9.75lbs for my calculations.
So If I have done my math right that should be 3214.5 divided by 9.75 for 329.69 watts per pound. Think the max amps it pulled was 69 amps. So not to bad, Im right at what manufacture said was the max wattage of 3200. Guess I wont be putting those 5000maH batteries in.

So let me ask you guys this. If I were to put say some 65C 3300mhH in place of these 45C 3700's that's probably going to be a bit to much for this motor isn't it. There is only one ounce of weight difference between the two of them with the 3700's being the heavier of them. But 3300's are going to give more power. Does that sound about right.

I was looking at the Lightening Series Thunder Power Batts but they don't list the weight.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I don't think you will get any more power out of those packs. You are nowhere near the max output of those packs at less than 70 amps. I doubt you will see anything more than very minor changes in the watt meter readings. Of course testing is always good.