• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yea your right. Was just trying to think of a way to lighten this bird up without sacrificing the power. Im thinking I should just leave it alone it's pretty dang good where it's at. Should focus on my flying skills. So you freaks don't laugh to much. Can't be having any good times at my expense...that just won't fly... BaaHaHa HA!

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well my son and I tried to shoot a video and all I can is it was hilarious. He got the take off and from then on nothing but blur. Oh wait he did get the landing sorta focused. So A. I need a better vid cam and B. my son needs some lessons. Im kind of glad because it took me for like ever to get it to hove just right and do the punch out.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
So let me ask you guys this. If I were to put say some 65C 3300mhH in place of these 45C 3700's that's probably going to be a bit to much for this motor isn't it. There is only one ounce of weight difference between the two of them with the 3700's being the heavier of them. But 3300's are going to give more power. Does that sound about right.

I was looking at the Lightening Series Thunder Power Batts but they don't list the weight.

[MENTION=3728]Bushwacker[/MENTION], scroll down the weight is listed... http://aerobeez.com/Thunder-Power-3300mAh-6S-22-2V-Lightning-Series-55C-LiPo.html

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
A higher C rated pack will be more tolerant to the power flow, so theoretically because you aren't taxing you packs as hard, you should be able to squeeze a bit more flight time out of it.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Well thats my problem...I was on Thunder Powers website. Those are pretty good specs eh. Wish you guys had the 3700's would like to know the weight & price on those @ 55C.

So I thought I would do some comparisons to other brands out there. Pretty sure these are fairly mainstream. Interesting stuff really.

Pulse
UltraPowerSeries 45C
Thunder Power
LightningSeries 55C
Glacier 45C
CNHL 50CTurnigy 65C
Voltage: 22.2V
Cell Count: 6S
Capacity: 3700mAh
Discharge Rate: 45C
Charge Rate: 5C
Dimensions: 138mm x 44.5mm x 48mm
Weight: 567g
Balance Tap: JST-XH
Max Charge: 8C**
Max Charge Current: 26.4A**
Max Cont. Discharge: 55C**
Max Cont. Current: 181.5A**
Max Burst: 100C**
Max Burst Current: 363A
Weight (g): 510
Dimensions (mm): 40 x 43 x 137
Discharge Rating (C) 45C
Capacity (mAh) 3700mAh
Number of Cell(s) 6
Dimensions 140 x 46 x 42 mm
Recommended Charge Rate 7.4A (2C)
Fast Charge Rate 18.5A (5C)
Balance Connector JST-XH
Power Connector EC5
Net Weight 625g, 22.3 oz
Capacity 3700mAh
Voltage 22.2V / 6-Cell / 6S1P
Discharge Rate 50C Continual / 100C Burst
Charge Rate 5C Max
Size 46x44x146mm
Weight 652g (including wire and connector)
Output Connector T-connector
Balance Connector JST/XH
Capacity: 3700mAh
Voltage: 6S1P / 6 Cell / 22.2V
Discharge: 65C Constant / 130C Burst
Weight: 594g (including wire, plug & case)
Dimensions: 138x44x46mm
Balance Plug: JST-XH
Discharge Plug: 5.5mm Bullet Connector
Price: $109.99Price: $107.99Price: $88.00Price: $86.99Price: $99.54

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
A higher C rated pack will be more tolerant to the power flow, so theoretically because you aren't taxing you packs as hard, you should be able to squeeze a bit more flight time out of it.
How I read c rating to be is...It is the maximum safe continuous discharge rate of a pack. If you see 10C on your battery, it means it can be discharged at 10 times that pack's capacity.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
There is a lot of controversy over C ratings above 50, will you ever see that high of a discharge rate, not likely, it does make for a robust pack that won't be strained at high currents. I have all three of those brands. Pulse are excellent and so are TP, they charge a premium though. The CHL batteries are my favorite of the non-premium batteries, I've never had one go bad and they always perform well.

If price is not an issue, go with the TP, they are lightest.

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Yeah I have been using Pulse and the older style Thunders for quite a while and they both perform great plus you can charge them @ 5C all day long with no problem. Resistance is low on both and keep that way. Never used the Turnigy and I do have one set of CNHL's. What was a friend of mine called the Turnigy's Nano Puffs.

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
I've had very mixed results with Nano-Techs, Zippy and Turnigy, I don't buy those anymore. If you are fortunate enough to get a good one, Geforce can be good batteries, I just started having defective ones so I stopped buying those as well. CHL are my goto batteries when I don't want to spend a bunch.