• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Aerobeez 70″ Slick PRO Step By Step Build Guide

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Now thats funny.

Okay so here the latest update for those that wanted to know. Got some actual measurements for ya. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did doing it.
Kind of a challenge doing on your own, hopefully you can see it alright. I put down the numbers on the page.

[video=youtube_share;eDJlFoUBQ5U]https://youtu.be/eDJlFoUBQ5U[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
Close enough, kind of like the weight. I had the benefit of being able to slow the vid down to see where it peaked. Below is what I wrote up under the vid.

PW_OutPut_Capture.PNG

Published on Jul 6, 2015
Alright fella's I finally got around to taking the actual measurements of this motor setup. So here it is.

Motor: Motrolfly DM 4330-216Kv
Prop: Xoar 20x8 wood
ESC: Mezon 90 w/RPM
Batteries: 2 Pulse 3700maH 45C in series

Looks like it peaked out at 3214.5 watts
Plane weighs 9.5 to 9.75 pounds don't have a digital scale "Need to get one" I used the 9.75lbs for my calculations.
So If I have done my math right that should be 3214.5 divided by 9.75 for 329.69 watts per pound. Think the max amps it pulled was 69 amps. So not to bad, Im right at what manufacture said was the max wattage of 3200. Guess I wont be putting those 5000maH batteries in.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I'm managing ~180 watts/lb with plenty of power to huck. 300+ watts/lb is gonna be insane!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I like at least 200 watt/pound. Still... that setup is nuts!

I agree. That's generally where I aim as a minimum but 180 watts/lb seems to be working for me. I would probably change up props and squeeze more power out of the setup, still eyeing that Falcon 19x10 carbon prop....

Bushwacker

3DRCF Moderator
It's pretty crazy, but throttle management is actually very good. Not sure if my Heli flying has anything to do with that or not, just saying. It's quite nice to watch this sucker take off from a hover with out any hesitation and climb pretty rapid. With all the torque this thing puts out those short quick bursts have saved my butt a few times already. Really love this plane guys. Feels so light and nimble and a lot of people have commented on how pertty it is. :lovestruck: especially the girls. :p

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Maiden successful! Got in a couple flights flew great, controls were set up was pretty far off of what I like so I'll have to hold off on the comments for a while until I get her dialed in. It balanced with my 6S 6200 packs right up against the wing tube, if it was nose heavy there was nothing I could do but add tail weight. I'll definitely be getting some lighter 6S 5000's.

I will say I KNOW this will be a real hoot once I get some more time to set it up.

Attachments

• AB2.jpg
    AB2.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 139