• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

78'' Extra

hone

150cc
Thanks Gary.

I've definitely got to the hard part now though(at least it's hard for an electric guy like myself). I mounted the motor and have no idea how i'm going to run the fuel line, run the choke lever, and where to put the throttle servo. I'm going to have to take the motor back off the firewall and open the hole in the center a bit more.

IMG_20130118_181506.jpg
I'm going to get a fourtitude tank just for the fact that it's plug n' play. I wish they had a 12 oz bottle though. They only have 8 and 16.

If anyone has some suggestions for how to run the throttle servo or any tips for a noob to gas like me i'm all ears.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rick dazzler

70cc twin V2
Sweet Joe!! Looking good!!
What type of supplied mount did they give you for the throttle servo?? I would use a 2/56 or 4/40 pushrod and ball links for sure.. That needs to be secure.. If it includes the laser cut wood servo tray. Install the servo before you glue the tray/set up the pushrod/linkage use a straight edge to align servo tray and throttle arm on the carb. Glue it..

hone

150cc
There isn't a supplied mount except the hole in the bottom of the motor box. I could possibly use that hole if i can flip the carb 180*. Otherwise i'm going to put my servo where this guy put his http://www.GiantScaleNews.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1104057&postcount=336 but i'll have to add some wood because the linkage will be at an angle without it.

hone

150cc
In this pic you can see at the top where i want to mount the servo and the firewall hole where the throttle linkage has to go through(sorry for some reason the pic is sideways, the factory servo slot is the bottom of the motor box).IMG_20130119_093701.jpg

hone

150cc
It's been a while since my last update but i installed the fuel tank, fuel dot, fuel filter, throttle servo, and wolverine switch.

Photo on 2013-01-26 at 13.22.jpgPhoto on 2013-01-26 at 13.23.jpgPhoto on 2013-01-26 at 13.23 #2.jpgPhoto on 2013-01-26 at 20.34.jpg

Santi8

70cc twin V2
5665 for throttle. Run it on 2s unregulated with those 7955's!

Replied this thinking the last page was updated! My bad. What did you end up going with?

hone

150cc
I went with a HS-5496MH. It's a standard size HV digital servo.

We still need to come up with some ideas for the custom vinyl!

hone

150cc
I finished everything that i could last night. Set the voltage on the IBEC, ran my vent line, drilled the cowl, and put velcro and foam everywhere. I was planning to install the servos tonight and maiden tomorrow morning but the mail man didn't bring my stuff today. It's OK though i got a good deal on the stuff so hopefully i get it tomorrow and can maiden next weekend. I'll try to get my friend to film some of the flights too.