• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

78'' Extra

hone

150cc
Just placed an order for a 78'' Extra from Extreme Flight so i decided to start a thread on it. I ordered the gas version in red but may convert it to electric to start. I'm still undecided on power system so we shall see.

I'll post pics when it arrives which might be a while because of the holidays. I'm looking forward to this one :tomcruise:

http://extremeflightrc.com/html/78extra.html

hone

150cc
78-red-4-sm.jpg 78-red-1-sm.jpg78- harrier-sm.jpg [video=youtube;qvGW95XnJMc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvGW95XnJMc[/video]Here is a video that helped me pull the trigger on this plane. It also has me thinking hard about using that OS gt33 but taildraggerrc has some new EME engines coming in and i was thinking of trying the EME35. Either way the plane looks sick!

SnowDog

That's exciting...looks like a real nice plane; heard lots of good things about them. Hope to hear about your experiences with that EME 35 if that's what you put in it!

hone

150cc
I've been thinking about servos and decided i'll go with HS-7955s for the fact that i can transfer them to a 50cc airframe in the future and the titanium gears should last a long time.

gyro

GSN Contributor
I've been thinking about servos and decided i'll go with HS-7955s for the fact that i can transfer them to a 50cc airframe in the future and the titanium gears should last a long time.

Joe, have you already purchased your servos?

-G

hone

150cc
Nice! Looking forward to hearing how the EME works for you.

Yeah i'm hoping it works out. I would like to eventually move the engine over to the MXS when it's out in a gas version. If i don't like the EME i'll get a DA 35 when it comes out. The EME 60 looks great from what i've seen but we'll see how the 35 does. This will be a very slow build so the DA might be out before i'm done with it.

I'm hoping that i can have it ready to fly for some IMAC competitions in april

Last edited by a moderator: