• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

I may be too late but I created the attached PDFs for how I setup HV servos and IBEC with Fromco switches and using the KISS method... I hope it helps...

Thank you so much Hosam I have been looking for a diagram like this for ever and def not to late. Great info.

This mite be yet another easy answer but are these three servo mounts suppose too be the same size in the kit. I would think one of these balsa boxes would be bigger for standard size servos but these are all micro size. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 238

gyro

GSN Contributor
This mite be yet another easy answer but are these three servo mounts suppose too be the same size in the kit. I would think one of these balsa boxes would be bigger for standard size servos but these are all micro size. Thanks

There should have been one standard size included in your kit.
Might have to try and reach 3dhs if you need the standard, or just cut out one that you have with an xacto

There should have been one standard size included in your kit.
Might have to try and reach 3dhs if you need the standard, or just cut out one that you have with an xacto

I looked at just making the hole bigger but it's not deep enough.i will just make one if I need it its not that big of a deal . I will prob mount the throttle servo in the tunnel with carb pointing down on the twin after talking to one other person that did the same engine. After looking at the tunnel I can just cut a servo hole in the side and beef up from the back side but all this being said with out seeing the twin yet as it didn't get to me yet .it was shipped Friday and tracking says Monday delivery ,that seems like a long time to me but it is what it is.what do you think about mounting the throttle servo in the tunnel?

Most of the 3DHS 30cc kits come with mini servo boxes. I have managed to hog them out in the past to get them to work.

Jtec sells a wooden servo box if you need one.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgSo far so good guys. The motor fits like it was made for it. The only thing i mite have to do is open up the cowl were the prop shaft goes threw as it is hitting the left side. The only problem i see with the engine is one of the cylinders are bolted on the crank case a bit off and makes the exhaust crooked to the other one and might have to unbolt the cylinder and tighten straight ,other then that the engine looks great.

I just bolted up my 40cc twin last night but I had to add 3 washers to get the correct spinner gap. No I need to figure out were I'm going to bolt the throttle servo. I ordered some JTec servo boxes. Debating on cutting a hole in the bottom of the motorbox and mounting the throttle servo on the bottom of the motorbox.