• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

image.jpgI don't have a back plate I'm not using but you gave me an idea to use a 1/8 ply with a hole in it to check tomorrow . I don't think I am going to need that many washers as my cowl and the back plate of the motor shaft are flush with out any so I think if I ad that sheet of balsa to the motor box I should be fine.

View attachment 21289I don't have a back plate I'm not using but you gave me an idea to use a 1/8 ply with a hole in it to check tomorrow . I don't think I am going to need that many washers as my cowl and the back plate of the motor shaft are flush with out any so I think if I ad that sheet of balsa to the motor box I should be fine.

Good idea using the 1/8 ply to check the gap. From the angle in the pic you posted that looks close but if you're going to add a sheet of balsa to the motorbox I would add one washer instead. As soon as you mount the engine and torque down the mounts, the mounts are going to compress into the balsa and possibly not give you the gap you need for the spinner. Just a thought. I would use ply instead of balsa if you're going to add to the motorbox.

What size fuel tank do I need for the 74" Edge? 8oz or 16oz? I had a Fourtitude tank but I don't know what size it was and I need another one. Thanks!

Good idea using the 1/8 ply to check the gap. From the angle in the pic you posted that looks close but if you're going to add a sheet of balsa to the motorbox I would add one washer instead. As soon as you mount the engine and torque down the mounts, the mounts are going to compress into the balsa and possibly not give you the gap you need for the spinner. Just a thought. I would use ply instead of balsa if you're going to add to the motorbox.

I said balsa but ment ply , Sorry still learning all the terms . In the kit they give you a Dle 30cc bolting pattern that fits the I.D to the front of motor box but might just use some washers instead . The only thing i dont like about washers are some mite be different thicknesses from manufacturer or am i thinking to much .

Have you figured out the rudder servo location yet for cg?

I started with a 12oz tank with the twin, but found 10 minutes flight time to be landing on vapors. I went with a 16oz. All my other 30cc stuff uses the smaller tank.

image.jpg

Thanks for the idea,the ply worked great and will use it as a drill guide later.

I talked to Tom at VVRC about me tig welding an angle into the exhaust for Clearance in the cowl and he said a few people have already done it and will not hurt anything and he is trying to get the manufacture to put an angle on the exhaust stock. If you would like me to do this for you after you see mine and it works out I will just let me know.