• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

74" Edge 540

image.jpg:pimage.jpg
I just bolted up my 40cc twin last night but I had to add 3 washers to get the correct spinner gap. No I need to figure out were I'm going to bolt the throttle servo. I ordered some JTec servo boxes. Debating on cutting a hole in the bottom of the motorbox and mounting the throttle servo on the bottom of the motorbox.

i think I'm gonna go back a bit into the tunnel with the servo. I don't want to take any strength away from the motor box.i also had to shave the exhaust to fit in the cowl a bit .

View attachment 21273:pView attachment 21274i think I'm gonna go back a bit into the tunnel with the servo. I don't want to take any strength away from the motor box.i also had to shave the exhaust to fit in the cowl a bit .

Have you checked the spinner gap after you installed the twin? I can't tell if you added any extra washers like I did to the already included spacers. If the mufflers hit the cowl then that's going to be a game changer for me. I would cut the cowl before cutting material away from the mufflers. If I have to go through that much trouble to get the 40cc twin to fit in the 74" Edge then that might mean a different airfame or possibly scratching this project and just get a 60cc size airframe all together. We'll see after I have a chance to mount and check the muffers.

Have you checked the spinner gap after you installed the twin? I can't tell if you added any extra washers like I did to the already included spacers. If the mufflers hit the cowl then that's going to be a game changer for me. I would cut the cowl before cutting material away from the mufflers. If I have to go through that much trouble to get the 40cc twin to fit in the 74" Edge then that might mean a different airfame or possibly scratching this project and just get a 60cc size airframe all together. We'll see after I have a chance to mount and check the muffers.

I don't have a spinner yet but plane on installing the DLE 30 balsa pattern givin in the kit for a spacer ,I think it will be just enough.
How many washers did you use for the proper spacing?
I was going to cut the cowl for the exhaust to fit but I work for a steel company and we do a lot of aluminum tig welding in the shop so if i shaved to much into the edgeof the exhaust I can just custom tig them on a angle. I did flip the exhaust around to the front and they sit back off the cowl that way and prob should have just went that way but I don't like the looks of the tubes so far forward but it will fit that way. If you cut the cowl ,it didn't seem like it would be that much.
What are you doing with your choke? I think I am just going to leave it as is and use the exhaust holes in the cowl .

I don't have a spinner yet but plane on installing the DLE 30 balsa pattern givin in the kit for a spacer ,I think it will be just enough.
How many washers did you use for the proper spacing?
I was going to cut the cowl for the exhaust to fit but I work for a steel company and we do a lot of aluminum tig welding in the shop so if i shaved to much into the edgeof the exhaust I can just custom tig them on a angle. I did flip the exhaust around to the front and they sit back off the cowl that way and prob should have just went that way but I don't like the looks of the tubes so far forward but it will fit that way. If you cut the cowl ,it didn't seem like it would be that much.
What are you doing with your choke? I think I am just going to leave it as is and use the exhaust holes in the cowl .

I added three washers to each spacer then used longer M5x40mm hex head screws to bolt up the engine. I starteded out using only two washers then test fitted the cowl and checked with the spinner backplate for the gap. Three washers seemed to be what worked for me. If you have a extra spinner backplate you could drill it out to size for the center shaft of VVRC and use it to check the gap. I just happen to have a 3" spinner that was already drilled out for the VVRC twin bolt patteren. Looking at your pic's I was wondering if the mufflers could be flip floped so they wouldn't hit the cowl. For the choke I plan on just opening a small hole in the bottom of the cowl and add a rubber comet then attach a rod to the choke so it will be accessible with the cowl on. I'll post some pic's after I finish it.

Last edited by a moderator: