• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I believe they will be here late this month or early next month.

91'' Yaks will be on that container as well :)

Are these going to be 91" Yak 54s or 55s? I flew Enterprises 110" 54 the other day and it was sick! A pop topping fool, 720 min! I was having a great time and getting too comfy til I did a KE wall and popped a few ribs! Not a good feeling to be flying a friends giant and hearing a big "pop" when doing a maneuver. It's been made "right" but it still didn't feel great. Better than seeing a wing rip off I suppose. Still, the short time I had with it was really fun. I was laughing like a little kid! Thanks for the "Pull" Matt, sorry about the "push"!

dth7

It'll be a 54.

I'm really looking forward to the Laser. I miss having a 60" plane.

I really like having the 60 extra, nice warm up and beater now. That 91 yak will be nice but the wing needs beefing up if its the same spec as the 110. I only flew it for about 5 minutes before the pop but it was FUN! I think I'm holding out for a 78 Laser. I want smoke. A friend has a scratch SU 26 he put smoke in and it's really nice on a clear blue sky day. A nice Bipe with smoke would be the balls but transport and assembly would be a pain.

wedoitall

It'll be a 54.

I'm really looking forward to the Laser. I miss having a 60" plane.

a cold solder joint on the esc took my MXS down this evening and I already miss it. I had some spare parts so the only thing I would need to order is a fuse. If I was half way decent at covering, just a motorbox would fix it. don't know if Im gonna get a fuse or wait for the Laser. I was wanting to have something bigger than a 51" to fly at our flyin on the 16-18th of this month.

my MXS fell from about 70ft or so high and nosed in. A lesser plane would have been totally destroyed. motorbox, cowl, and alil bit of damage on the turtle deck right around the canopy latch. Definitely gonna learn how to cover this winter. can see how that could save lots of $$$$

funny thing is I just got the 7245's and had planned on using a 2s lipo for power, was gonna hook that up after I got back from the field this evening.

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

a cold solder joint on the esc took my MXS down this evening and I already miss it. I had some spare parts so the only thing I would need to order is a fuse. If I was half way decent at covering, just a motorbox would fix it. don't know if Im gonna get a fuse or wait for the Laser. I was wanting to have something bigger than a 51" to fly at our flyin on the 16-18th of this month.

my MXS fell from about 70ft or so high and nosed in. A lesser plane would have been totally destroyed. motorbox, cowl, and alil bit of damage on the turtle deck right around the canopy latch. Definitely gonna learn how to cover this winter. can see how that could save lots of $$$$

Bummer. No control at all? Too bad.

3dbandit

100cc

funny thing is I just got the 7245's and had planned on using a 2s lipo for power, was gonna hook that up after I got back from the field this evening.

If you can wait a few weeks i would hold out for the laser.

I have flown it and "I approve". It is amazing how well it flies. It is the best flying plane i have flown.

wedoitall

I have a motorbox for the MXS that you can have for shipping cost.

I highly appreciate and may take you up on that .. gotta see what I can do with the other damage. looks like the side where the wings mate up took alil damage also, but I think that's fixable. the main thing is the damage to the turtle deck and if I could cover half way decent I know its fixable too.