• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

gyro

GSN Contributor
It is going to take me a while to get the money for one of these, but I think it would go nice with my 57 extra from 3dhs. I am going to order a Motrolfly 4315-480KV motor and CC Talon 90 this week for it. Would this be a good power combo for this bird? I am running a Motrolfly on my extra and will never use a different motor again LOL.

I flew Chris Hinson's with the torque combo, and it definitely wasn't hurting for power. IMHO, you can't go wrong either way!

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
that will be an awesome combo. i say awesome cause thats what i run in my MXS.

Ok, good to know. I plan on going with the HS-7245Mh servos also. I am loving the ones in my 57 extra. Though I will have to weight until I can sell my other planes to get them.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
I flew Chris Hinson's with the torque combo, and it definitely wasn't hurting for power. IMHO, you can't go wrong either way!

I have used EF torque in the past and they are a very good motor. However Ken's wound motrolfly can not be beat. You can run them hard and they barely get warm at all.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
If you can wait a few weeks i would hold out for the laser.

I have flown it and "I approve". It is amazing how well it flies. It is the best flying plane i have flown.

image.jpg

I may be looking at that container too! Best I can tell my Airboss crapped out after a poptop at about 50'. Straight in, nice divot. Wings and CF gear/ pants are all fine if you know anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnowDog

ef60extra_crashed.jpg

I may be looking at that container too! Best I can tell my Airboss crapped out after a poptop at about 50'. Straight in, nice divot. Wings and CF gear/ pants are all fine if you know anyone.

Sorry to hear about the failure and to see a beauty like that looking like that...that is the 60" Edge, right? If so, I'd be interested in the wings and possibly the gear.

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
+ cowl, + canopy, more damage than it looks. It's sitting "cooling off". I'll look and add up in a few days. Does a motor box kit include F1 and batt tray?
IMAC this weekend so the 78 will be working out. Thanks for the encouragement thou.

Ps- Snow dog it is a 60 Extra