• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

hone

150cc
I highly appreciate and may take you up on that .. gotta see what I can do with the other damage. looks like the side where the wings mate up took alil damage also, but I think that's fixable. the main thing is the damage to the turtle deck and if I could cover half way decent I know its fixable too.

No problem. If you decide you need it just let me know. From what Jacob said it sounds like the Laser is the way to go. Glad i waited so long for it.

wedoitall

If you can wait a few weeks i would hold out for the laser.

I have flown it and "I approve". It is amazing how well it flies. It is the best flying plane i have flown.

have you flown the mxs also? only thing im afraid of is them selling out before I have a chance to click the buy button. seems like everybody is wanting one.

3dbandit

100cc
have you flown the mxs also? only thing im afraid of is them selling out before I have a chance to click the buy button. seems like everybody is wanting one.

Yes i have flown the MXS also. The MXS is floatier and a little faster but the laser is more precise, locked in feeling, and violent.

wedoitall

so you think that's that much difference between the 2. before today I was thinking about getting the laser but thought if there wasn't a big difference I would keep the mxs.

Ohio AV8TOR

Just Do It
a cold solder joint on the esc took my MXS down this evening and I already miss it. I had some spare parts so the only thing I would need to order is a fuse. If I was half way decent at covering, just a motorbox would fix it. don't know if Im gonna get a fuse or wait for the Laser. I was wanting to have something bigger than a 51" to fly at our flyin on the 16-18th of this month.

my MXS fell from about 70ft or so high and nosed in. A lesser plane would have been totally destroyed. motorbox, cowl, and alil bit of damage on the turtle deck right around the canopy latch. Definitely gonna learn how to cover this winter. can see how that could save lots of $$$$

funny thing is I just got the 7245's and had planned on using a 2s lipo for power, was gonna hook that up after I got back from the field this evening.

Sorry to hear but just so you know there are still connectors involved on connecting a 2S to power your radio. Things can still go wrong there as they did for me once. I was lucky as when I was going to pull the power off from the LST connector I noticed that the wires did not seem equal length coming out of the LST connector. I pulled a little on the wire that looked longer and from the factory it had been a bad crimp connection. That freaked me out so I went back to the ESC. My thoughts sometime are to get some micro deans connectors and replace the JST's with them.

3Daddict

70cc twin V2
It is going to take me a while to get the money for one of these, but I think it would go nice with my 57 extra from 3dhs. I am going to order a Motrolfly 4315-480KV motor and CC Talon 90 this week for it. Would this be a good power combo for this bird? I am running a Motrolfly on my extra and will never use a different motor again LOL.