• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
5000mah TP 45c packs. I have my timing turned up for more power.

4 BK servos running on a separate 900mah 2s RX pack

Ok, all this talk makes me want to wring something out. It's midnight so the sim will have to so.
You're and animal! I love it. Glad someone can do all that flying. It shows! Keep it up. Later.

Yikes! That's a total of 5900mah capacity on that plane :veryshocked:....I'm guessing it feels pretty heavy??? :megaroll: I feel like I should try the 5000mah myself now....:D

3dbandit

100cc
Yikes! That's a total of 5900mah capacity on that plane :veryshocked:....I'm guessing it feels pretty heavy??? :megaroll: I feel like I should try the 5000mah myself now....:D

Unless you are unhappy with performance, I wouldn't go with the bigger battery. The extra mass is very hard on the plane.

I went with the larger battery for 3 reasons:
- I wanted more airspeed and brute power. To do this, I had to up the timing. That requires more available wattage to use.
-The extra mass allows for carrying speed in up-line tumbling maneuvers, and maintaining speed during maneuvering.
- and I already had 4 flight packs available in this size... :p

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Unless you are unhappy with performance, I wouldn't go with the bigger battery. The extra mass is very hard on the plane.

I went with the larger battery for 3 reasons:
- I wanted more airspeed and brute power. To do this, I had to up the timing. That requires more available wattage to use.
-The extra mass allows for carrying speed in up-line tumbling maneuvers, and maintaining speed during maneuvering.
- and I already had 4 flight packs available in this size... :p

Now we know the rest of the story!
Off to Toledo with Matt! Looking for a 60". I find myself with components less one servo. BTW EFs are mighty strong airframes but no match for 50' steel light poles at 40-50 mph! Ask me how I know. I thought I'd have a nice single wing rescue video for you but I couldn't make the 180 turn to land it. 1 EF 60" extra- EXPIRED. Laser still going strong. Night have to go to the eye doc to check depth perception.

Light pole 1, Daren 0

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1396607844.048527.jpg

YellowJacketsRC

70cc twin V2
I lost my EF 60" Edge the same way. Was doing a high altitude KE just pretty as a picture. The football stadium lights at the top of the pole just jumped right out dead center of my flight path. The Gall!

Fast3D

50cc
Hey guys. I encountered the strangest thing today and so puzzled and not sure where the problem is. if you possibly recall I built my laser not too long ago and had 5 flights on it and today I had the time to go get some more fun but guess what, I connect the battery, I hear the ESC beeping as normal I think but the Rx light never goes on at all. I can see the BEC light which is solid on; and I could see the ESC light after removing the cowl and the light is flashing rapidly; it is an edge 100 light. no servo, throttle or any control obviously. so no connection between the radio and Rx.

Could someone tell what's going on?.
Thank you for any input.