• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Do you have another power source you could try with that rx?

Btw, Im sorry if you have already mentioned it but it will help to know what radio gear you are using as well.

Fast3D

50cc
Do you have another power source you could try with that rx?

Btw, Im sorry if you have already mentioned it but it will help to know what radio gear you are using as well.

Hi 3dNater. Do you mean like another battery?
I have JR 9503 and Rx is AR7010. Thanks.

3dNater

Hi 3dNater. Do you mean like another battery?
I have JR 9503 and Rx is AR7010. Thanks.

Yes. It sounds to me like the rx isn't getting power at all. Your esc never gives you the armed beeps, right?

Try disconnecting the esc from the rx and see if you can get the rx to respond with a battery or another esc. Basically we want to see which compo ent is having issues.

Fast3D

50cc
Have you tried to rebind?

cannot rebind since the Rx is not turning on; it's like a dead Rx.

Yes. It sounds to me like the rx isn't getting power at all. Your esc never gives you the armed beeps, right?

Try disconnecting the esc from the rx and see if you can get the rx to respond with a battery or another esc. Basically we want to see which compo ent is having issues.

Nope, the ESC never gives the armed beeps. but it gives the few initial beeps, so its working, I guess.
I did disconnnect the ESC still no response. I think I should find a way to power the Rx directly to see if its working. I tried another Rx -another 7010- still did not work at all but powered through the same ESC. powering the Rx directly is through connecting the battery to the Batt/Bind link on the Rx, right? will try to find another ESC too and connect. too much for brand new everything! :( thanks.

3dNater

It sounds like the internal bec is not functioning. You should contact the vendor you got it from for tech support and/or warranty service. I have had esc's function fine for hundreds of flights when the internal bec did not function.

One solution if you are not able to get it replaced under warranty would be to purchase an external bec that can be soldered in to your main pack connection.

If the bec has burned out for some reason you should be wondering why. If you have servos that are binding it could cause a lot of amp draw that could potentially cause the bec to fail, although it should automatically shut down if it is getting too hot.

Fast3D

50cc
Sorry I thought I mentioned it. I do have BEC PRO and the internal bec is out of the equation since I pulled out the red wire.

3dbandit

100cc
Sorry I thought I mentioned it. I do have BEC PRO and the internal bec is out of the equation since I pulled out the red wire.

check the connection between the BEC and the RX. See if the BEC has any output.

try a plugging a batt into the rx.

Fast3D

50cc
This is embarrassing you were right the problem was the connection between the BEC and Rx. I think someone was messing around with my planes while I was away!! putting the plane back together now. :(

dth7

This is embarrassing you were right the problem was the connection between the BEC and Rx. I think someone was messing around with my planes while I was away!! putting the plane back together now. :(

Preflight check-
>battery condition and connections- check
>bind- check
>controls- check
Etc.
We all have a story like this. I try to check or double check every Flt. Especially when I'm BSing at an event or at the field.
Good luck getting it all together.