• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
I think I am starting to find the useful lifespan of this airframe.

I hit the 3700 flight mark this past weekend, and the plane is becoming a little worn out. I'm starting to experience some flexing and crunchiness...

I am grounding the airplane for some maintenance for a few weeks. Hopefully I can squeeze another 400-500 flight out of it...

3700 flts! Holy *%#}! That's equivalent, lets see, to about hmmm. 20 shows per yr, figure 2 practice flts per show. That's 60 flts per season. Throw in another 10 practice flights, that's 70 flts at say 30 minute avg (practice 45 min but show only about 15 min). Avg RC Flt say 6 min so 1 full scale Flt = 5 RC flts 3700/ 5= 740/70! So that's like going 10 years on an aerobatic show plane with no annual! I think you owe that thing a once over my friend.
How many batteries have you gone through in those 3700 flts? Crazy man.

3dbandit

100cc
3700 flts! Holy *%#}! That's equivalent, lets see, to about hmmm. 20 shows per yr, figure 2 practice flts per show. That's 60 flts per season. Throw in another 10 practice flights, that's 70 flts at say 30 minute avg (practice 45 min but show only about 15 min). Avg RC Flt say 6 min so 1 full scale Flt = 5 RC flts 3700/ 5= 740/70! So that's like going 10 years on an aerobatic show plane with no annual! I think you owe that thing a once over my friend.
How many batteries have you gone through in those 3700 flts? Crazy man.

LOL, I have done regular maintenance, but it is time to completely go over it. Peel back the covering and wet glue joints and add carbon reinforcements...
I'm still on my original set of batteries. I have 4x 5000mah 6s thunderpower 45c G8 packs for it. they are still in great condition too.

btw- my flight times are 4.25 minutes, not 6. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

You've been hammering it with big batts too. Poor baby. If it could scream it would be! That's a testimony for the airframe and the batteries. I agree with [MENTION=14]hone1er[/MENTION] you certainly got your money's worth so far. Gee can't you squeeze anymore flying in. Slacker! Lol

3dbandit

100cc
You've been hammering it with big batts too. Poor baby. If it could scream it would be! That's a testimony for the airframe and the batteries. I agree with [MENTION=14]hone1er[/MENTION] you certainly got your money's worth so far. Gee can't you squeeze anymore flying in. Slacker! Lol

Days when I took this plane to the field, I would arrive at 6am and leave at 10PM.

I can fly every 5 minutes with my charger (that how long it takes the esc to cool down). I would average 4 flights per hour. that's 64 flights in a trip to the field. that is 58 trips to the field since august with this plane.

I fly at night during the week sometimes, and over breaks from school i spend almost all my time flying.

Normally i would joke around and say I could fly more, but i really don't think I could.

dth7

the way you fly, I think 40 flights is hard on an airframe....

I know. You are only getting 4.5 min out of 4000 TP 45c batts? Hammer time! How many servos? You slam that thing like I fly the sim planes. Go for it!

3dbandit

100cc
I know. You are only getting 4.5 min out of 4000 TP 45c batts? Hammer time! How many servos? You slam that thing like I fly the sim planes. Go for it!

5000mah TP 45c packs. I have my timing turned up for more power.

4 BK servos running on a separate 900mah 2s RX pack