• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

60" Laser-EXP

dth7

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Yep LOL. I think the fuse width and rudder and elevator are as big as my buddies 3dhs 72 extra LOL.

One "big" attraction for me with EF frames. They often present at the next class of other manufacturers. You are going to live that Laser.

3dNater

Hahaha! Dude that beard is legit! My wife will never let me keep mine long enough to get that much going on. I usually keep a little goat for a few months and she makes me shave it.

My profession wouldn't really let me get one that big either I guess. They always want me wearing a tie when we go to clients. Polo and slacks in the office.

Facial hair is usually banned in my profession beyond mustaches. Something to do with the oxygen masks fitting well. It would take me a year to grow any anyways.

3dNater

I sort of miss my construction days for the freedom in what you wear etc. I sure dont miss the manual labor though... actually in some cases I do... but in the long run my career in Accounting should pay off... now if I can just get past that CPA exam!

Dr. Gonzo

70cc twin V2
My job pays well, not bad work. Sometimes a change would be nice. Kinda far down this road now though.

Last edited by a moderator:

dth7

Finally finished my motor mount fabrication and replacement on the Laser. Should be as good as new. Hope to get the 60" laser and extra out this week with Matt before I hitch a ride with him to Toledo Friday.

3dbandit

100cc
I think I am starting to find the useful lifespan of this airframe.

I hit the 3700 flight mark this past weekend, and the plane is becoming a little worn out. I'm starting to experience some flexing and crunchiness...

I am grounding the airplane for some maintenance for a few weeks. Hopefully I can squeeze another 400-500 flight out of it...

hone

150cc
I think I am starting to find the useful lifespan of this airframe.

I hit the 3700 flight mark this past weekend, and the plane is becoming a little worn out. I'm starting to experience some flexing and crunchiness...

I am grounding the airplane for some maintenance for a few weeks. Hopefully I can squeeze another 400-500 flight out of it...

With an average of 5 minutes per flight you've gotten over 1,000,000 seconds of enjoyment. I think you got your moneys worth ;)

Some maintenance a little earlier than 3700 flights might help keeping it crisp :)

Last edited by a moderator: