• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Doug,

As awesome as this plane is, I doubt ANYBODY will make a comment about a couple of missing push rod tubes. If they do, tell them you're going to give them an eye adjustment with a 2x4. . . . . . . :laughing:.

It won't be long now, Buddy

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Doug,

As awesome as this plane is, I doubt ANYBODY will make a comment about a couple of missing push rod tubes. If they do, tell them you're going to give them an eye adjustment with a 2x4. . . . . . . :laughing:.

It won't be long now, Buddy

I don't think I'll have too much trouble getting those two on. I just need to add a small piece behind the spinner to hold them.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Sorry I have not been keeping up to date on your build lately Doug. Just seems to be too many irons in the fires these days. She sure is looking purdy though. You gotz yerself some mad skills there brother. It looks amazing.
Here's another way to eliminate the spitting in the box. It's a piece of PVC pipe. I used a scope extension ring to secure the screen on top. Not really needed tho. Pics will tell the tale.
View attachment 93075 View attachment 93076
View attachment 93074 View attachment 93073
In fact, you both have some mad skills. I feel very "not worthy". LOL
praising-the-lord-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Making some slow progress on the dummy radial. Last night I got the positioning a tad better. I still need to raise it a little, but the depth is about right. I added most of the pushrod tubes, but I still need to make a piece for the two where the ignition sensor is. I got a little carried away and even installed the tubes on the lower cylinder that is going to get cut off for cooling.

20170313_221943_resized.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Doug,

Why does that last pick look like the front of a P47?. . . . . ;)

Maybe I am having withdrawals from not being able to work on mine. . . . . . :frown:

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Just a thought. If you left the bottom cylinder in open around it and ducted the air to the engine do think you could make that work. It would look great.