• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale 50cc Scratch Build From My Own Design Revisited

WMcNabb

150cc
Probably a little of both. I haven't decided exactly what colors everything is going to be quite yet, but I've been looking at a lot of pictures.

Best photos I could find showing the colors of a P&W R-985. Hope these help.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Is the. Yellow the part that you are going to remove to,try to cool the engine. If you succeed it will really look good.
You have to admit the sensor from DA is stupid big and I do not know why.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Is the. Yellow the part that you are going to remove to,try to cool the engine. If you succeed it will really look good.
You have to admit the sensor from DA is stupid big and I do not know why.
The yellow is just tape to hold the plastic to the lite ply underneath, but those are the areas that get cut out.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
I took @Snoopy1 's idea and left the lower cylinder in place. What do you guy's think, is it enough opening? I think it will work, but I'm not sure.

I'm hoping that after I paint all the spaces between the cylinders flat black and the jugs whatever I decide on that the lower jug won't look so much like it's hovering in mid air. Right now it looks kinda like a snaggle tooth dangling there.:)

20170316_220644_resized.jpg
20170316_220820_resized.jpg
20170316_220836_resized.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I took @Snoopy1 's idea and left the lower cylinder in place. What do you guy's think, is it enough opening? I think it will work, but I'm not sure.

I'm hoping that after I paint all the spaces between the cylinders flat black and the jugs whatever I decide on that the lower jug won't look so much like it's hovering in mid air. Right now it looks kinda like a snaggle tooth dangling there.:)

View attachment 94379 View attachment 94380 View attachment 94381
The spinner does hide the sensor well nicely done. I believe when it is all painted the cylinder hanging down will look correct and in place instead off a hole.