• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 50CC AMR STICK THREAD

Should I Do A Build Thread On My 50cc AMR Stick

• YES, DEFINITELY

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • YES, BUT ONLY IF IT TAKES LESS THAN A YEAR. . . . LOL

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • MAY BE INTERESTING

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, TOO BORING

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Stick 13.jpg

Stick 14.jpg

I wanted to do something easy next, so I laminated some pieces of plywood together to make the supports for the plywood the wing bolts get screwed into. See pictures above

Stick 12.jpg

With that out of the way, I noticed the piece of ply with the hole for the rudder servo, was kind of weak at the rear so I added a piece of scrap concrete basla (from my horizontal stab and glued it under the rear of the plywood. See picture above. For some reason, I stuck my finger the rudder servo hole and immediately realized something was missing. The directions show you a picture of two scrap pieces of plywood you are supposed to glue to the bottom of the plate for the servo screws. Under the picture, the text tells you to glue in the laser cut plywood doubler that goes all the way around the servo hole to the bottom of the plate. So after I dug the piece pout of the box of wood, I glued it in.'

I didn't get much else done, because spent the rest of the night trying to remove as much of the crappy application of CA from the formers going towards the rear of the fuselage. I didn't bother to take any pictures of this step. . . . .:ugh:

My Buddy Joe will not be home next Monday night, so I will not be able to work on the plane for a couple of weeks. . . . . . Maybe the pace will pick up a little bit when Joe returns

Sorry for the short update Fella's, but that's all for tonight.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
The soldering iron trick woks great for stubborn Loctited bolts to. I've done that on my helicopters many times.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well Fellas,

After reading Bart's Sunday Update and realizing there is no way I can finish the plane, I have decided to end this thread here. I cannot thank everyone enough for putting up with me. HOPEFULLY, we can all get back together on another site that would allow me to pick up where I left off.

Take care everyone,
David

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
ABSOLUTELY! ! ! ! !
It will just have to wait until next week when my Buddy gets back from vacation.