• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 50CC AMR STICK THREAD

Should I Do A Build Thread On My 50cc AMR Stick

• YES, DEFINITELY

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • YES, BUT ONLY IF IT TAKES LESS THAN A YEAR. . . . LOL

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • MAY BE INTERESTING

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, TOO BORING

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well Fellas,

I have some good new and I have some bad news (for me anyway. . . . LOL). The bad new is that I have been thinking allot about the bottom picture in Post #61 above. The holes you see in the bottom of the fuse are too far back. They are supposed to be centered in the opening you see in the plywood tray for the rudder servo and receiver. I know what you all are thinking. All I would have to do is make the hole in the plywood servo tray longer. Yes, that would be allot easier, but I'm too anal to do that. . . . :laughing:That and the other problems with sloppy construction I have run up against have persuaded me to order new parts from AMR and start over again on the fuse. . . . . :ugh:. The good news is even though everyone at AMR is on vacation for a couple more weeks, this setback will not delay the project. I will just put the fuselage aside and go to work on the wing panels. It's going to take me at least a couple of weeks to get them done anyway. . . . . :yesss:. Hopefully, my Buddy Joe will be back from vacation one day this week so work can resume next Monday night. If he doesn't return by Monday afternoon, I am going to have to wait ANOTHER week before I can get back to work.:eek:

Stay tuned everyone

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well Fellas,

As my luck would have it, my Buddy Joe decided he needed another week of vacation. So there won't be any more work done on my AMR Stick until next Monday night. . . . . .:frown:. So, I guess I will just sit here and make a list of which pieces I need to buy so I can build another fuselage. That way I can at least order the pieces tomorrow so I will have them by the time I finish my wing. Of course at the rate I'm going, that should be the LAST thing I have to worry about. . . . . :laughing:.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
OK, I's been a couple of weeks since I've been able to work on my Stick, but I was able to put a few good hours into it last night. Nothing exciting, but I did all of the rib glue ups in preparation for building the two wing panels. A couple of the ribs were three layers of 1/8" plywood and people aske me why this plane is going to be so heavy. . . . . :laughing: Sorry, I didn't get any pictures because I didn't think about it until I was ready to leave. Some real fun begins next week when I start building the wings. . . . :big_yes:. I will make sure I take my good camera to my Buddy's house next Monday so I can get some better pictures than the ones I can get on my POS phone camera. . . . . :yesss:.

Stay tuned everyone.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
That's true. . . . :attaboy:. I'm still trying to figure out who the two wise crackers were who voted "only if it takes less than a year". I have my suspicions, but I'll keep them to myself.

The REAL fun starts next week. I cannot wait. . . :big_yes: