• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 50CC AMR STICK THREAD

Should I Do A Build Thread On My 50cc AMR Stick

• YES, DEFINITELY

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • YES, BUT ONLY IF IT TAKES LESS THAN A YEAR. . . . LOL

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • MAY BE INTERESTING

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, TOO BORING

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well Fellas,

When I was typing my update last week, I didn't realize tomorrow was July 4th. Therefore, I will not be able to work on my Stick for one more week. My Buddy, whose shop I am using will not be home tomorrow. . . . . :cryin:.

Let me ask you guys something. Where can I find those small plastic clamps I see allot of people use in their threads. I went to the local Harbor Freight and Northern Tool. Neither place had any.

Thanks,
David

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
There are so many different small clamps around you need to give us a picture so we know which clamp you are looking for.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Well Fellas,

When I was typing my update last week, I didn't realize tomorrow was July 4th. Therefore, I will not be able to work on my Stick for one more week. My Buddy, whose shop I am using will not be home tomorrow. . . . . :cryin:.

Let me ask you guys something. Where can I find those small plastic clamps I see allot of people use in their threads. I went to the local Harbor Freight and Northern Tool. Neither place had any.

Thanks,
David
Like these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympia-85p...866704?hash=item5687e12510:g:EksAAOSwzJ5XUwSm

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Doug,

Those are what I was thinking about and maybe some smaller ones too, but I'd like to find them locally if possible.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Since I won't be flying today because it's supposed to rain again (go figure), I will try a different Harbor Freight a little later.

Thanks Fellas

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Went to a brand new Harbor Freight today and let me tell you guys something, THAT PLACE WAS A MADHOUSE ! ! ! ! !. . . . .:lol2:. The trip was successful though. Everything was something like 20% off so the 79 cent clamps I wanted were about 63 cents each, so I bought 30 of them. When I got home I was checking one out and then it hit me. They are quite strong for their size and they may be too strong for bare balsa. So, I might have to use scrap plywood to keep them from crushing the balsa too badly. That's OK too because there is enough scrap plywood in my Stick box to build a 60 size Stick. . . . . .:laughing:. I'm hoping that they will relax some after I use them for a while.