• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport 50CC AMR STICK THREAD

Should I Do A Build Thread On My 50cc AMR Stick

• YES, DEFINITELY

Votes: 17 89.5%
  • YES, BUT ONLY IF IT TAKES LESS THAN A YEAR. . . . LOL

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • MAY BE INTERESTING

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • NO, TOO BORING

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pawnshopmike

Staff member
That's true. . . . :attaboy:. I'm still trying to figure out who the two wise crackers were who voted "only if it takes less than a year". I have my suspicions, but I'll keep them to myself.

The REAL fun starts next week. I cannot wait. . . :big_yes:

You still have 8 months to prove them wrong. :D

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Thanks for all the lurking Fellas. Look like I need to get my hind parts in gear. It's like @cbarnes0061 said, I only have 8 months left. You gotta love a Wise Cracker, don't ya?. . . . . :laughing:.

Hey @rmyers, what size were you thinking about getting? You need to get off the fence and order yourself one. They are, by no means an inexpensive kit, but laser cutting of the parts is excellent with minimal burning of the edges and the plane is built like the proverbial brick :dancing-poop: house. @Snoopy1 can tell you about the 85cc kit, but I imagine it's probably the same construction, just bigger pieces. . . . . .:yesss:.

I'll be back with more next Tuesday night INCLUDING PICTURES.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It is well built and strong. But there are several improvements that were done to the plane. But this may only apply to the 85cc version. There were several built in my area of the 85 cc size. And after several people had put some miles on them and several build forums some week point came to light. I have about 20 flights on mine now with a DA150 on it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    399.7 KB · Views: 241

rmyers

70cc twin V2
Thanks for all the lurking Fellas. Look like I need to get my hind parts in gear. It's like @cbarnes0061 said, I only have 8 months left. You gotta love a Wise Cracker, don't ya?. . . . . :laughing:.

Hey @rmyers, what size were you thinking about getting? You need to get off the fence and order yourself one. They are, by no means an inexpensive kit, but laser cutting of the parts is excellent with minimal burning of the edges and the plane is built like the proverbial brick :dancing-poop: house. @Snoopy1 can tell you about the 85cc kit, but I imagine it's probably the same construction, just bigger pieces. . . . . .:yesss:.

I'll be back with more next Tuesday night INCLUDING PICTURES.

I've got a VVRC 40cc twin looking for a home. Had it in a couple of compromise ARF's ran great. Needs to be on a light airframe 12-a5 lbs. Not a lot of planes that are available in the 30cc ARF market that interest me. AMR doesn't give weight guestimates on their 30cc stick. I'm curious to see where your 50cc version weighs out. And you'right $499 + freight from Canada is an expensive box of sticks.

BalsaDust

I've got a VVRC 40cc twin looking for a home. Had it in a couple of compromise ARF's ran great. Needs to be on a light airframe 12-a5 lbs. Not a lot of planes that are available in the 30cc ARF market that interest me. AMR doesn't give weight guestimates on their 30cc stick. I'm curious to see where your 50cc version weighs out. And you'right $499 + freight from Canada is an expensive box of sticks.

Sounds like it could be a good fit for my Midwest cap 232 kit I have. Seems I have read they can be built fairly light stock and I see lots of places in it to save weight. First spot is wing sheeting. If going my the instructions both wings and stabs get 3/32" sheeting where I'm sure 1/16" will be plenty.