• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

3W 110 XI-CS

Joe Hunt

150cc
Yeah, I'm thinking Gerhard was just testing a 170 and just wrote down the same prop size by mistake. He probably had a 28-12 on there, I would guess.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I love my red heads. But I am also a "show me" kind of guy. Maybe too skeptical until I actually see it. What they are indicating is that this lil 110cc engine is turning a larger prop than my 157cs and my 170. Though I respect your enthusiasm, I highly doubt a 110cc engine, even a "dub" will turn a prop nearly as large as the 210csts. It's interesting though. I would love to see and fly one of these babies.

Rob,

I hear what you're saying, Buddy. I want to learn more about this engine too. My only problem is I cannot fit an airplane in the back of my Durango that this engine would fit in. . . . .:( So I guess it'll be up to you to tell me what it REALLY will do.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yeah, I'm thinking Gerhard was just testing a 170 and just wrote down the same prop size by mistake. He probably had a 28-12 on there, I would guess.
I'd have to agree with you Joe. At least on the prop size. We've all seen most recently what the rear induction is doing for ZDZ. I know of a few of you out there that have some 180 monsta's that are performing as well or better than some "dubs" of equal or even larger cc size. Honestly wish I had one for comparison. Most all 110cc class motors will turn a 28x10 without too much problem. But referencing the 110xi, due to it being a "cs", rear induction and the mere fact that it is a 3w tells me that a 28x12 to 29x12 maximum would be more realistic in prop sizes for that lil beasty. But then again, I could be wrong.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I have searched every were but nothing. I am able to read a tiny bit of German and searched the German sites but came up with nothing. There's also nothing on the German 3W site because often there's info on the German side that is not on the English. I will try to get in touch the the person in the video. That's all I can do.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok found some info by TB. On the motor he made the following statement that I copied.

Got in (3) 10min flights today. A very, very smooth running motor. Vibes are crazy low and I know from past 3W's, that they run smoother after a few gallons.

Power is not GP123 but it does rip the 29x9W like a DA120.

Midrange is crazy linear on these Hype pipes so will not be changing the 11.5" header length

Low speed needed some tweaking and throttle response went up exponentially.

The Lazer flew the same. Can feel the extra pound a bit but only because i've got a lot of time on the original setup. CG was bang on.

That's all I could find will keep you up dated.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Ok found some info by TB. On the motor he made the following statement that I copied.

Got in (3) 10min flights today. A very, very smooth running motor. Vibes are crazy low and I know from past 3W's, that they run smoother after a few gallons.

Power is not GP123 but it does rip the 29x9W like a DA120.

Midrange is crazy linear on these Hype pipes so will not be changing the 11.5" header length

Low speed needed some tweaking and throttle response went up exponentially.

The Lazer flew the same. Can feel the extra pound a bit but only because i've got a lot of time on the original setup. CG was bang on.

That's all I could find will keep you up dated.
That's awesome. Thank you for your effort. I saw one of Trevor's videos. Pretty darned cool. I also found a German site and translated it. Apparently they have had this engine since late last year. (Dogs) It doesn't bother me that the 110 doesn't have the power of a GP 123. 13 cc's difference there. But I will lay odds with every dollar in my pocket that overall, it will out perform it. Sure the heck will out last it a hundred ways of Sunday. But that it will rip a 29x9 as good as a DA 120 says a lot for this lil 110 cc'er. Yes, the price tag is a little steep. But for this amount of quality and power from a 110 cc engine, well worth every penny. Just my opinion.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Have to agree with you why would you remove a perfectly good engine and replace it with the 3w 110xi-cs. If had a good plane and happy with it the last thing I would do is exchange engines more holes in the fire-wall. And spend a good chunk of change.

I think Im gonna buy one. But it will be next year when I do. This will be my first new 3W engine since I bought 100 Cactus SS, back in 2003.